Re: Rachel on Windows PC

T Gillett

Jun 3, 2018, 1:28:48 AM6/3/18
to Maxwell Kalama, village-telco-dev
Hi Maxwell

Yes that is certainly possible.

Most of the content on the OER2Go website (https://worldpossible.org/oer2go/) is simple static content that you can download and store in the file system on any PC with each module of content in its own directory.

An exception is KA Lite which requires some server capability. The alternative static version is Khan Academy on a Stick, which is designed to be used simply from a USB stick or disk drive.

Once you have downloaded and saved the content modules on your system, you can simply point your browser to the required module directory and it will show you the contents of the directory, either in a simple list or as a web page if the module has a index.html file included (which most of the did when I last downloaded them).

One nice thing about the OER2Go website is that it supports download using the rsync utility (as well as via FTP and HTTP)
Rsync is very good for downloading over intermittent links as it can be restarted and just picks up from where it left off.

You can also run the offline version of Wikipedia on a Windows, Apple or Linux PC using the application tools included in the full download version, (although it is a pretty big download).

Regards
Terry

On Sun, Jun 3, 2018 at 12:41 PM, Maxwell Kalama <maxwel...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi

Terry is there any possibilities we can run Rachel and all its content on a windows 7 PC or standalone installation on each windows PC?

In my country most people use windows pc and want to carry the full Rachel content on there laptops.

Regrads

Maxwell.Kalama

Mr.Maxwell Kalama

Jun 3, 2018, 1:41:43 AM6/3/18
to T Gillett, village-telco-dev
Thanks I have downloaded a couple including Wikipedia 70gb.I would like to test most of it on Windows 7 stand alone install.

Regards

Maxwell

Sent from my Huawei Mobile