internet not stable

Vusumzi Ndzengu

Sep 24, 2014, 5:17:02 PM9/24/14
to village-...@googlegroups.com
Hi All

 I have added five picostations to my ntework which consisted two nanosations and installed secn in all of them. one nanostation m2 is dedicated as a gateway with the ip10.130.1.10 and other devices given .11 .12 .13 .14 .15 .16.. i can see on the web under status tab that they are connected to each other and also i have successful pings. the issue when  i can get internet access. the etting for the wan port are ok wan port disabled wan ip mode dhcp and change to wan ( secondary) ticked.

Regards
Vusi

T Gillett

Sep 27, 2014, 3:32:40 AM9/27/14
to village-telco-dev

How are you connecting to the picostations - via wifi?

What IP address and Gateway/Default Route address is your connected device getting?

Probably best if you send some screen shots of the Advanced page and the WAN page for the gateway node and for the Picostation so we can see what your config is.

Make sure you get the whole of the Advanced page in your screen shots. It will require two shots to get top and bottom of the page.

Also a screenshot showing the connection info for the client device attached to the Picoststion.

Vusumzi Ndzengu

Oct 5, 2014, 5:00:13 PM10/5/14
to village-...@googlegroups.com
Hi All

Sorry for taking so long to reply i was in a field trip. I have provide the screenshots of the nanostation acting as a gateway and picostation as a client. i have include  a screenshot showing the status page sho
Regards
Vusi
Screenshot from 2014-10-05 21_44_52.png
Screenshot from 2014-10-05 21_45_00.png
Screenshot from 2014-10-05 21_45_42.png
Screenshot from 2014-10-05 22_08_22.png
Screenshot from 2014-10-05 22_43_29.png
Screenshot from 2014-10-05 22_29_59.png
Screenshot from 2014-10-05 22_33_36.png

Vusumzi Ndzengu

Oct 5, 2014, 5:44:49 PM10/5/14
to village-...@googlegroups.com
Hi All

I have noticed two cases  on the switch which is connected to the LAN it keeps going out and i don't receive any connections but when they but i recieve surely when both cables are blinking. the cabe on the left hand side connected to a port in the LAN and the cable on the right hand side is the connected to the secondary port on the nanostation m2 to receive Internet.

Regards
Vusi

On Wednesday, September 24, 2014 11:17:02 PM UTC+2, Vusumzi Ndzengu wrote:
cable right.PNG
cable wrong.PNG

T Gillett

Oct 6, 2014, 4:52:13 AM10/6/14
to village-telco-dev
Hi Vusumzi

Thanks for the screen shots. The basic set up looks OK. Some more tests below:

1. From the screen shots I can see that the NS (10.130.1.10) gateway device has both Ethernet ports configured as LAN ports, and is connected to your main network (172.20.32.x) which has its DHCP server at 172.20.32.254.

(The main network DHCP server details are shown on the NS Basic screen as a result of clicking on the Internet Access Test button)

So I would expect that any client device attached to the NS node via the spare Ethernet port or the Wifi should be able to get an IP address, Gateway and DNS addresses  assigned from the main network DHCP server, and be able to access the Internet via the main network.

Can you confirm that this is happening please?

2. I can also see on the NS Status screen shot that the NS and five PS devices are meshed together OK.

If you now go to the PicoStation Basic screen and click on the Internet Access Test button, it should also find the main network DHCP server at 172.20.32.254
(It will be able to see the DHCP server via the mesh and the NS node.)

Make sure that the mesh network is working correctly (i.e. the nodes are shown meshed on the NS node Status screen), and then go to the PS Basic screen and click on the Internet Access Test button.

Please test this and let us know the result.

3. If the PS node can see the DHCP server in test 2. above, then any device connected to it via the LAN port or WiFi should be able to get an IP address automatically assigned from the main network DHCP server.

Please test this and let us know the result.

Regards
Terry

T Gillett

Oct 6, 2014, 4:56:43 AM10/6/14
to village-telco-dev
It looks like there is a problem with the connection to the LAN port.

If the left hand cable is connected to the LAN, then its LEDs should always be on/flashing.

Is it possible that you have a faulty cable?

Try it in a different port on the switch to see if the problem is with the port.

Can you update your network diagram to show how the LAN port, switch and Nanostation are connected please?

On Sun, Oct 5, 2014 at 10:44 PM, Vusumzi Ndzengu <ndze...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Vusumzi Ndzengu

Oct 7, 2014, 4:30:16 AM10/7/14
to village-...@googlegroups.com
Hi All

I dont think the cable is is faulty i have tested even on my cable tester is working fine. i changed the cable to another port it is working but when there is one nanostation connected. please find an image showing how they are connected and a screenshot testing the internet on picostation. as now i am connected to the internet using my laptop trough the nanostation m2 which i connected alone. it has been hours connected without any hustle.

On Wednesday, September 24, 2014 11:17:02 PM UTC+2, Vusumzi Ndzengu wrote:
picostation internet test.png
lan connection.PNG

Vusumzi Ndzengu

Oct 10, 2014, 2:43:09 PM10/10/14
to village-...@googlegroups.com
Hi All

I  got a wireless router with and the and i can connect them know all of them at one time and the network is stable.

T Gillett

Oct 10, 2014, 7:10:13 PM10/10/14
to village-telco-dev

Hi Vusumzi
That sounds like you have had a success!
Regards
Terry

Vusumzi Ndzengu

Oct 11, 2014, 3:40:02 AM10/11/14
to village-...@googlegroups.com
Hi All

I am learning every day and the post are very helpful .

Vusumzi Ndzengu

Oct 11, 2014, 3:48:17 AM10/11/14
to village-...@googlegroups.com
Hi All

yes tlg in a lab enviroment i want to test it outside now and install spud it is my challange now