Starting All Over Again

Leonard Payne

Jul 5, 2014, 3:12:46 AM7/5/14
to village-...@googlegroups.com

Looks like I'm going to have to start again.

I used 2 of my MP02's in a real project and ran into diffiiculties
SECN-A was the master and installed and connected to the Internet router via Ethernet.
SECN-B was the second unit with only the WIFI connections active.
I could see both boxes and in my home worked well but in this new setting I just couldn't login to 'B'
on the wifi to get going.,

Do you think I made a note of the passwords and configuration??   No (DUH!!)

Anyway I want to start all ovefr again and document this time!

How do I set my MP02's to factory default?  The wiki suggests serial ports etc but I really don't want to go through this.
Can I use the toggle hole and tghe very technical paperclip??

Thanks for your help
Revd Leonard Payne

T Gillett

Jul 5, 2014, 3:58:25 AM7/5/14
to village-telco-dev

Leonard

Before resorting to Recovery Mode you might try connecting to the devices at the fallbavk IP address on the LAN port.

You will need to set up a static Ip on your PC at 172.31.255.253 with netmask of 256.255.255.252

Then try connecting to the device at 172.32.255.254

Password may still be an issue though.

On the Basic page there is a Restore Defaults button. Click it wait for screen refresh then reboot.

There is also a page on VT wiki about using OpenWrt recovery mode if you need to. This uses telnet over Ethernet on LAN port.

Last resort after that is serial port.

Regards
Terry

edwin

Jul 5, 2014, 1:03:57 PM7/5/14
to village-...@googlegroups.com

When try to connect via the Fall Back IP, I suggest you power off other mesh devices, it is possible that you connect to the Fall Back IP of another one.

Best regards,

Edwin

Jul 12, 2014, 3:17:10 AM7/12/14
to village-telco-dev

The OpenWrt Recovery mode will work for you to recover from this situation.

Have a look at  the VT Wiki page for an article on doing this.

Basically you need to press and hold the Reset button at the point in the boot sequence when the device responds to a ping on 192.168.1.1

Leonard Payne

Jul 12, 2014, 7:00:30 AM7/12/14
to village-...@googlegroups.com

No - the OpenWRT failsafe mode doesn't work. To start with, when I supply power to the MP02

we get a steady power light - at no stage do we get the power light to blink so we can use the paperclip.

I'm now considering reflashing.  Any instructutions please?
I'm considering using FonFlash.  Can someone point me to the instructions and where I can find the MP02 firmware please??

Thanks

Song, Stephen

Jul 12, 2014, 10:52:20 AM7/12/14
to village-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Leonard,

If you can get to the SECN login screen via the ethernet port without being prompted for a login, that suggests that a password has not been set on the system.  Try setting the password in the SECN screen.  To log in via ssh, the username is always 'root' and the password is the one you set in the SECN page.  As an alternative, if a password hasn't already been set, then you can telnet to the MP02 and set the password manually in the shell.

You can't use potato-flash to re-flash the MP02s as they based on the a different boot-loader that is not compatible with potato-flash.  You can activate failsafe by holding the reset button down for 3 seconds when you turn on the MP02.  The failsafe page should be accessible at 192.168.1.1

Cheers... Steve

T Gillett

Jul 12, 2014, 5:35:04 PM7/12/14
to village-telco-dev

The led does not flash on the MP02. You can time the reset button or you can ping the device at 192.168.1.1 and when it respinds push and hold the button for a few seconds. Then telnet on the same address.