Mesh Network in Cells

Darío G. Díaz

Apr 4, 2015, 3:09:21 AM4/4/15
to village-...@googlegroups.com
Here I attached a diagram of uan mesh network with 2 cells that are interconnected in between if. I also attached a diagram of a cell.

This proposal is not new but I intend to discuss with all members of the forum, if it is one of the best ways of running a mesh network that can grow in number of nodes, traffic, enhanced service coverage internet, reach more people, etc.
A premise of this network is to form cells mesh networks around 15-20 nodes with a gateway, which also can interconnection with another network cell mesh with different gateways.
Each node may then serve through a wireless or wired network or both ethernet network.

The network administration and assignment of IP addresses is done from the gateway / supernode that each cell.

This is just the beginning and bring to the discussion forum friends. Proximemente I will be adding more network data.

Regards
Dario
Mesh_cells.jpg
IP_Network.jpg

T Gillett

Apr 4, 2015, 5:05:13 AM4/4/15
to village-telco-dev
It is worth mentioning that in the second diagram showing three nodes in a cell, each of the nodes is configured in Mesh WAN mode, with the DHCP server running on the LAN side of each node.

Devices attaching to each node are assigned IP addresses in a private subnet (10.130.1.x) on the node. This means that they are isolated from devices attached to another node. This arrangement may be appropriate where a node services a single residence in a community for example,

Requests for upstream resources from an attached device pass through the NAT firewall on the node and pass transparently across the mesh to the Mesh Gateway (node A).

The Mesh WAN interface on each node is assigned an IP address in the subnet of the upstream router (192.168.1.x)

Venugopal Kapre

May 1, 2015, 12:33:14 AM5/1/15
to village-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dario,
I was thinking about similar kind of idea but with respect to enhance a data rate of a user by utilizing resources of nearby devices. You might heard of MIMO (Multiple Input Multiple Output) system. In MIMO if your device has N receiver antennas & transmitter has N transmit antennas, then your data speed becomes N times. (4G is capable of 2X2 / 4X4 MIMO). Embedding more antennas in a phone is much complicated & expensive. So the idea was to make a network with nearby devices. Use their receiver antennas to enhance. More the number of users in the network more will be the data speed.

Darío G. Díaz

May 15, 2015, 12:07:46 AM5/15/15
to village-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Venugopal

Is correct what you say, but not as direct "benefits" to place more antennas and standard equipment N.
It is true that you can increase the available bandwidth and the number of users, but also to put more points or nodes in the mesh network, it is also necessary to have supernodes that provide internet access and avoid traffic bottlenecks.

All this discussion has to be tested with a functioning network, since the behavior of the same can vary from what you initially planned.

Regards
Dario