Updated firmware for MP2 Phone (Alpha 7)

Steve Song

Oct 21, 2014, 10:09:43 AM10/21/14
to village-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I am happy to announce an improved version of the MP2 Phone firmware.  We have had an ongoing problem with ring hook detection for some months now forcing us to build workaround code because the Silicon Labs chipset did not appear to behave as expected.  Thanks entirely to the efforts of Vittorio G, we discovered the problem was a single bit in the initialisation of the chipset.  This has now been corrected and we have been able to abandon the workaround code.  The result is a (so far) very stable and high quality experience.  I just replaced my home MP1 VoIP service with the MP2 Phone and the new combination of the faster processor and direct SLIC interface to the FXS module is a noticeable improvement, at least to my ears, pending more empirical tests.  :)

If you have purchased an MP2 Phone, please upgrade your firmware to the Alpha7 release

Cheers... Steve