CsipSimple sms Functionalty Using MP2

Sylvester Chibamo

Nov 17, 2015, 3:48:19 AM11/17/15
to village-...@googlegroups.com

Hi

Please advice if this has sms functionality and how to get it working?

Regards,

Sylvester

T Gillett

Nov 17, 2015, 4:50:39 AM11/17/15
to village-telco-dev

SMS is a cell phone function only afaik.

If you wish to send messages between smartphones and you have Internet connection to the network you could use an IM app on the phone eg WhatsApp

But if you have a stand alone network then you will need to have an IM host running on a device on the network, similar to the Softphone Server in SECN.

The Prosody package will perform this function but is not installed in SECN at this point.

It is installed in the Wildernets firmware.

Sylvester Chibamo

Nov 17, 2015, 5:37:05 AM11/17/15
to village-...@googlegroups.com

Hi

Please advice where I can download the Wildernet firmware, I want to test this sms functionality on stand alones,

Is this not available on SECN 3?

Regards,

Sylvester

T Gillett

Nov 17, 2015, 5:38:59 AM11/17/15
to village-telco-dev

It is available on the VillageTelco Downloads Firmware page alongside SECN

Steve Song

Nov 17, 2015, 8:42:17 AM11/17/15
to Village Telco Dev

Sylvester Chibamo

Nov 17, 2015, 10:18:07 AM11/17/15
to village-...@googlegroups.com

Hi Terry,

I could only see the below and the Xabber download is unsuccessful when I try to down load it.

openwrt-MP02-WNETS-1.0-Alpha35-squashfs-sysupgrade

Sylvester Chibamo

Nov 18, 2015, 5:38:33 AM11/18/15
to village-...@googlegroups.com

Hi Steve,

See below, I cant get anything when I use; http://download.villagetelco.org/firmware/wnets/unstable/mp02/WNETS-1/Beta5/openwrt-MP02-WNETS-1.0-Beta5-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin

WNETS-1 folder has Alpha30,31 & 35

Regards,

Sylvester

Nov 18, 2015, 8:09:51 AM11/18/15
to Village Telco Dev
Hi Sylvester,

My apologies.  I posted the Beta5 firmware prematurely without checking with the developer.  I mistakenly thought it was ready for sharing.  You can try the Alpha35 software of WNETs.

Alternatively you can download and install Prosody (from the command line) on the MP2 SECN firmware with the commands

# opkg update
# opkg install prosody

Documentation can be found at https://prosody.im/doc

Regards... Steve