SECN firmware is suitable for Ubiquiti airGateway Long Range(airGateway-LR)

khaipi

Jan 31, 2017, 10:56:00 AM1/31/17
to village-...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,

Can I use SECN firmware with Ubiquiti airGateway(airGateway-LR)Long Range?

Atheros MIPS 24KC, 400 MHz
Memory 32 MB DDR1
8MB Flash

Best Regards,
Thomas

T Gillett

Jan 31, 2017, 4:29:10 PM1/31/17
to village-telco-dev
Hi Thomas

We normally publish SECN firmware for the Nano-M, Bullet-M and Rocket-M devices because those devices are in use in the VT community and we have test  devices.

But the build process produces fimware for other devices as well. The attached file shows the firmware versions that are produced in the OpenWrt DD build process.

I see that there are two entries for "air gateway" :

   - air-gateway-pro-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin
   - air-gateway-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin

In the OpenWrt CC 15.05.1 build, only the second device is included.

If you think that one of these matches your device I can send you a sysupgrade file to test.

You will first have to install a generic version of OpenWrt using the 'factory' version of the firmware.
You can get this from the OpenWrt Downloads site:
    https://downloads.openwrt.org/chaos_calmer/15.05.1/ar71xx/generic/
    https://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/trunk/ar71xx/generic/

Note that the 'trunk' version is command line only - there is no LuCI web interface.

However, a note of caution. Ubiquity have recently locked many of their devices to prevent the installation of third party firmware. Before attempting this, make sure that you are well equipped to recover from a failed flash.

Also it is worth thinking about what you hope to achieve by installing the SECN firmware over the OEM Ubiquity firmware, which has been optimised for the normal use of each particular device.

Regards
Terry

md5sums-SECN-5.0-UBNT-Alpha2-m.txt