installing picostation m2 on secn

Vusumzi Ndzengu

Sep 16, 2014, 8:04:14 AM9/16/14
to village-...@googlegroups.com
HI All

I got picostations to mesh with nanosation m2 which will act as gateways for the picostations. i saw the following http://wiki.villagetelco.org/Picostation_M2_as_node_on_SECN_%28batman-adv%29_network should i follow it to install the picostation?

T Gillett

Sep 16, 2014, 3:34:42 PM9/16/14
to village-telco-dev
There is no need to follow that procedure as the SECN firmware is available already.

According to the OpenWrt web site here  ( http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/ubiquiti/airmaxm )  the Pico M device uses the same firmware as the Bullet M.

You can get the required Bullet M  SECN 2.0 Stable firmware from here:

As with other devices, install the normal OpenWrt AA 'factory' firmware first, then install the SECN sysupgrade firmware. You can get the OpenWrt  AA firmware from here:

On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 2:04 PM, Vusumzi Ndzengu <ndze...@gmail.com> wrote:
HI All

I got picostations to mesh with nanosation m2 which will act as gateways for the picostations. i saw the following http://wiki.villagetelco.org/Picostation_M2_as_node_on_SECN_%28batman-adv%29_network should i follow it to install the picostation?

Vusumzi Ndzengu

Sep 16, 2014, 5:19:03 PM9/16/14
to village-...@googlegroups.com
HI All

Thanks i saw that post was last updated in 2012 i am following the procedure now already done 1 picostation succesfully running openwrt and i will do the sysupgrade for secn firmware.