MP2 as shipped

已查看 63 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Carrol

未读,
2014年4月9日 11:16:372014/4/9
收件人 village-...@googlegroups.com
Does MP-2 ship witn SECN or just VT (as MP) ?
Is the One Laptop per Child (OLPC) XO (1.5 in my case) then adequate for Potato flash utility to subsequently load SECN ?

Thanks, Carrol

Song, Stephen

未读,
2014年4月9日 12:35:352014/4/9
收件人 village-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Carrol,

The MP2 ships with the SECN firmware.  You can use the web ui in SECN for future upgrades.

Cheers... Steve

Steve Song

Carrol

未读,
2014年4月10日 12:18:522014/4/10
收件人 village-...@googlegroups.com
MP2 responses not matching those in SECN-2 Guide ?  Wired connection on LAN -- MP2 provides IP 10.130.99.119  to PC.  No wireless networks (MP2) observed.
1)  ssh and http to 172.31.255.254 gives SECN connection, but asks for password (and user name on http) .  First ssh gives expect certificate question.
2) telnet or ssh on 10.130.1.20 gives "cannot find network".  (http no connection)
3) telnet or ssh on 172.31.255.253 gives gives "connection refused" (implies expecting specific ip address for client ?) . (http no connection)

Guidance? password ?

Song, Stephen

未读,
2014年4月10日 16:13:142014/4/10

On 10 April 2014 13:18, Carrol <ilov...@gmail.com> wrote:
MP2 responses not matching those in SECN-2 Guide ?  Wired connection on LAN -- MP2 provides IP 10.130.99.119  to PC.

Are you connecting to the LAN port?  You should be setting your PC to something like 10.130.1.99 or something in the 10.130.1.XXX range except .20

No wireless networks (MP2) observed.

You should see the VT-SECN-AP ssid.  You may have to wait a little while for everything to boot up but it should be there by default.

1)  ssh and http to 172.31.255.254 gives SECN connection, but asks for password (and user name on http) .  First ssh gives expect certificate question.

it is extremely odd that you should be asked for a password.  ssh is disabled by default and only enabled after setting a password.  is it possible you set the password in the web ui?

2) telnet or ssh on 10.130.1.20 gives "cannot find network".  (http no connection)

If http is also not working for 10.130.1.20, I can't help but wonder whether the port on your PC is set up correctly.  In this case you should have your PC set up with a static IP address of the form 10.130.1.99 with a subnet of 255.255.255.0 and gateway 0.0.0.0

3) telnet or ssh on 172.31.255.253 gives gives "connection refused" (implies expecting specific ip address for client ?) . (http no connection)

here you want to be connecting to 172.31.255.254 with your PC set up as IP address 172.31.255.253 and subnet address 255.255.255.0 and gateway 0.0.0.0

Cheers... Steve

Guidance? password ?

On 9 April 2014 12:16, Carrol <ilov...@gmail.com> wrote:
Does MP-2 ship witn SECN or just VT (as MP) ?
Is the One Laptop per Child (OLPC) XO (1.5 in my case) then adequate for Potato flash utility to subsequently load SECN ?

Thanks, Carrol

x...@scishare.com

未读,
2014年4月10日 20:32:182014/4/10
收件人 village-...@googlegroups.com
Steve,
Thanks for reply.  Had already tried each of your suggestions (by following
steps in manual on LAN port).  Tried others only after steps in manual failed.
Never got to a place to set password (on first http SECN logon page just hit
return/return; ssh for very first attempt on ip address; no telnet ever
connected) . No VT-SECN-AP ssid well after wireless light comes on (I have only
g mode equipment).

The most surprising part for me is http://172.31.255.254 gives SECN page without
any special setup of PC (auto config for Windows/Explorer or Fedora Linux /
Firefox).

Let me see what I can do with acessing OpenWRT (and reloading SECN).

Nathan

> >> --
> >> Steve Song
> >> +1 902 529 0046
> >> http://manypossibilities.net
> >> http://villagetelco.org
> >>
> >  --
> > https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/village-telco-dev/c37d80cb-755d-459c-9460-272a046b3303%40googlegroups.com<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/village-telco-dev/c37d80cb-755d-459c-9460-272a046b3303%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> > .

> --
> Steve Song
> +1 902 529 0046
> http://manypossibilities.net
> http://villagetelco.org
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/village-telco-dev/CAD_CWO2fsQG7Ba6OLM6FfsY2_gYsJ59GbD7a2MX2mMDJj4DqMQ%40mail.gmail.com.

edwin

未读,
2014年4月11日 11:59:542014/4/11
收件人 village-...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Nathan,

How about if try the user/pass: root/root?

Is it possible to catch a screenshot to show the SECN version?

Best Regards,
Edwin

Carrol

未读,
2014年4月12日 02:52:512014/4/12
收件人 village-...@googlegroups.com
Edwin,
(root)/root among first tried. Other favorite is admin/admin via http . Never any dialog in first ssh or first http to set password.
Page is cgi-secn-olpc      ;  just "SECN" in upper left with black screen with logon box in center (for http)
RC4 ?  As received with installed software this week from Dragino.  Version for OneLaptopPerChild XO's in classrooms.
Will have to put aside for a while - other pressing work.

T Gillett

未读,
2014年4月12日 04:34:112014/4/12
收件人 village-telco-dev
Hi Carol

How was the unit purchased - through Village Telco online shop?

It sounds like it may not actually have VT SECN firmware loaded, but something else perhaps.

Terry

T Gillett

未读,
2014年4月12日 07:13:302014/4/12
收件人 village-telco-dev
Hi Nathan

From the email trail it seems that the MP02 has been flashed with the OLPC Aust Classroom Router firmware rather than the usual SECN firmware.

You will find documentation for this firmware on the VT Wiki page here:

The default IP address will be 10.130.99.254 / 24 and the default login credentials are:
      admin / one-network.

DHCP is running by default and if you connect via wifi or LAN you will get an IP address in this subnet and you can access the unit at the URL:  'olpc99.lan'

I hope this helps. Please post back and let us know how it goes.

Regards
Terry

Song, Stephen

未读,
2014年4月12日 07:41:422014/4/12
收件人 village-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nathan,

I suspect this is my bad.  We sent you the OLPC Australia Classroom Router firmware without pointing you at the correct documentation.  Apologies.   I hope things are working now.

-Steve

Carrol

未读,
2014年4月12日 21:29:062014/4/12
收件人 village-...@googlegroups.com

The supplied user/password for this MP2 Classroom Router provided access on IP-254.  URL olpc99.lan not found.
I suspected I was not using correct terms -- searching your site for "olpc" rather than "classroom".
Also, the pattern was simiilar to OpenWRT startup (simpler approach for nontechnical end user).

Off to try as AP for 30 XO-1's on XSCE server (OLPC).  (XO-1's with modified kernel).

Thanks to all and for prompt support.

Carrol

T Gillett

未读,
2014年4月13日 07:11:412014/4/13
收件人 village-telco-dev
Carrol

Please keep in mind that this firmware is intended for one very specific application - to run as an Access Point in one classroom, connected into the school LAN / Gateway / Server via Ethernet cable, and with other similar MP2 devices operating in other classrooms, and is intended to be able to be set up Lego-like by non-technical users.

Depending on what you want to achieve in your application, this may  or may not be the best firmware for you to use.

If you need more flexibility in your network, you may need to reflash with SECN or straight OpenWrt firmware.

Please feel free to post back here to share your experiences and seek further input to help you achieve your desired outcomes.

Regards
Terry

Carrol

未读,
2014年4月14日 23:48:022014/4/14
收件人 village-...@googlegroups.com
This is  very specifc application and similar to Australian, but with the XSCE (schoolserver) setting between MP02 and school's network.

MP02 as shipped with Classroom Router firmware smoothly connected 32 XO-1's to XSCE during testing. No change in connection time from # 1 to # 32.  This was out of the box and no changes in firmware settings.

The arrangement was XSCE's wired ethernet connection ( normally to AP) to MP02's LAN.  XSCE supplied dhcp eventhough no changes made to MP02's dhcp control settings.

Simplicity of setup and greater than 30 connections (versus 15 for MR3020) was exactly why the MP02 was purchased for this application.
NCR

On Wednesday, April 9, 2014 3:16:37 PM UTC, Carrol wrote:

T Gillett

未读,
2014年4月15日 01:26:292014/4/15
收件人 village-telco-dev

In this set up the XSCE will provide one DHCP address to the MP02.

The XOs will get their DHCP addresses from the MP02.

The MP02 provides NAT between the two.

Carrol

未读,
2014年4月15日 21:35:562014/4/15
收件人 village-...@googlegroups.com
TIG,

The observed results differ.  Via ifconfig:   XSCE shows its standard static address of 172.18.96.1 and first XO-1  has address of 172.18.100.204 , which is in the address range given out by DHCP on XSCE.  MP02 DHCP gives out address in 10 block to PC with autoconfig.
Carrol

On Wednesday, April 9, 2014 3:16:37 PM UTC, Carrol wrote:

T Gillett

未读,
2014年4月16日 00:28:322014/4/16
收件人 village-telco-dev
Hi Carrol

It looks as though you may have connected the MP02 to the XSCE via the MP02 LAN port rather than the WAN port.
(Either that or something is amiss...)

Connecting via the LAN port will give the XOs direct access to the XSCE.
So the XOs are connecting via the MP02 wifi, and then have two DHCP servers to choose from, and are getting their IP addresses from the XSCE in preference.

Just to check, if you disconnect the XSCE from the MP02, the XOs should then get their IP address from the MP02 in the subnet 10.130.99.x (assuming the MP02 is still set up as default Classroom number 99)

If you connect the XSCE to the MP02 WAN port, the MP02 will get its WAN side IP address from the XSCE.

If you want to login to the MP02 to check its configuration, you can ssh to ad...@10.130.99.254 with password 'one-network'

While connecting the XSCE to the MP02 via the LAN port on the MP02 will work to a point, the problem is that the XOs are getting their IP addresses from the XSCE, so if you set up a second MP02, all the XOs connecting to that one will also get their IP addresses from the XSCE, and so they will all appear in the same XO collaboration cell.

In the OLPC Aust set up, each classroom is allocated a MP02 set to a different classroom number (eg 99, 98, 97...) so that the XOs in each classroom run on their own subnet, and so have their own collaboration cell.

Hope this helps. If you have a particular arrangement that you would like to run, just post an outline of what it is and we can assist you with getting a good working configuration for the MP02.

Regards
Terry

回复全部
回复作者