Flash NanoStation Loco M2

sylvester.chibamo

Nov 6, 2015, 9:03:02 AM11/6/15
to Village Telco Development Community
Hi

I have flash Nano Station loco M2 with

the following;

And I got the below, I want to be able to configure mesh on the device...

===============
Router Name OpenWrt
Router Model Ubiquiti Nanostation M
Firmware Version OpenWrt Backfire 10.03.1 /
---------------------------------

I tried downloading the below

This does not seem to work. Please advice.

Regards,

Sylvester

Steve Song

Nov 6, 2015, 10:33:50 AM11/6/15
to Village Telco Dev
Hi Sylvester,

Can you say a little more about the error(s) that occurred when you tried to flash with the SECN-2.0-RC1 firmware?

It should have worked but in general we recommend using the SECN 3 firmware which is based on the Barrier Breaker version of OpenWrt unless you require backwards compatibility with the first generation MP1s.

You can find the SECN 3 firmware at

Cheers... Steve

T Gillett

Nov 6, 2015, 5:39:55 PM11/6/15
to village-telco-dev

Hi Sylvester

As per Steve's email, would you please outline the steps you took to install the SECN firmware after installing the OpenWrt firmware, and what happened when you tried to run with the new SECN firmware?

Just for background:

1. It seems odd that the AA 12.09 firmware is showing "Backfire 10.03" on the splash page, but this may just be from the RC2 version.

2. Does this RC2 firmware have the LuCI web graphical interface?
If so, then you should be able to flash the Sysupgrade version of new firmware using the firmware upgrade page in the LuCI interface.
If not, then you will have to upload the file with scp and run the upgrade from the command line.

3. When using the OpenWrt LuCI page to upgrade firmware from OpenWrt to SECN, you *must* un-tick the checkbox that preserves settings. It is ticked by default.

Otherwise the new firmware will be trying to use the configuration settings of the original firmware.

If this has happened, you will find the SECN firmware will appear on the OpenWrt default IP address of 192.168.1.1 (rather than the SECN default IP address of 10.130.1.20)

You can use the Restore Defaults button on the SECN Advanced page to recover the settings, then power cycle the device. Or you can use the SECN Firmware Upgrade page to re-install the firmware (preferable).

4. It would be better to use the Stable releases of the OpenWrt and SECN firmware rather than the RC versions.

The SECN 3 Stable release UBNT firmware is here:

    http://download.villagetelco.org/firmware/secn/stable/ubnt/SECN_3/

The stable AA release of the OpenWrt firmware is here:

Factory
    https://downloads.openwrt.org/attitude_adjustment/12.09/ar71xx/generic/openwrt-ar71xx-generic-ubnt-bullet-m-squashfs-factory.bin

Sysupgrade
   https://downloads.openwrt.org/attitude_adjustment/12.09/ar71xx/generic/openwrt-ar71xx-generic-ubnt-bullet-m-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin

The stable BB OpenWrt release is here:

Factory
    https://downloads.openwrt.org/barrier_breaker/14.07/ar71xx/generic/openwrt-ar71xx-generic-ubnt-bullet-m-squashfs-factory.bin

Sysupgrade
    https://downloads.openwrt.org/barrier_breaker/14.07/ar71xx/generic/openwrt-ar71xx-generic-ubnt-bullet-m-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin

SYLVESTER CHIBAMO

Nov 9, 2015, 2:32:38 AM11/9/15
to village-...@googlegroups.com, Sylvester Chibamo, lets...@hexloctech.com
Hi

Thanks for feed back, however I do not seem to be getting anywhere...

See below my Nano Station Loco M2 status;

system Status;

=====================
Router Name OpenWrt
Router Model Ubiquiti Bullet M
Firmware Version OpenWrt Attitude Adjustment 12.09 / LuCI 0.11.1 Release (0.11.1)
Kernel Version 3.3.8
====================

I even tried flashing using;openwrt-SECN-3_0-GA01-nano-m-squashfs-factory

>>>The uploaded image file does not contain a supported format. Make sure that you choose the generic image format for your platform.

When i flash using this;openwrt-ar71xx-generic-ubnt-bullet-m-squashfs-factory

I get the error below;

>>>The uploaded image file does not contain a supported format. Make sure that you choose the generic image format for your platform.

When I flash using this one,

openwrt-ar71xx-generic-ubnt-bullet-m-squashfs-sysupgrade,

Nothing changes and it you can see the status is the same;

Router Name OpenWrt
Router Model Ubiquiti Bullet M
Firmware Version OpenWrt Attitude Adjustment 12.09 / LuCI 0.11.1 Release (0.11.1)
Kernel Version 3.3.8

Please advice so that I can get this flashed properly...

regards,

Sylvester

Nov 9, 2015, 2:57:16 AM11/9/15
to village-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Terry,

I am using LuCi web page to upgrade.

I downloaded the SECN firmware as well.

The file name is openwrt-SECN-3_0-GA01-nano-m-squashfs-factory

the sysupgrade version does not change anything...

Regards,

Sylvester

Nov 9, 2015, 3:29:05 AM11/9/15
to village-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Terry

See below the window, I have unchecked **Keep settings**

From there I click flash image and it reboots and takes me back to the same window.. Is there any other software i could use..?

The firmaware i used is openwrt-ar71xx-generic-ubnt-bullet-m-squashfs-sysupgrade

I cant get the SECN firmware, it comes up on IP address 192.168.1.1

Inline image

Nov 9, 2015, 4:28:37 AM11/9/15
to village-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Terry,

This confirms that the issue is now resolved after i flashed with the firmware you advised.

 While on this one, is there a reason why I cant NAT on this?

I do not see an option for NAT especially when I am going to use this to provide internet i will need a NAT option.

Inline image

Regards,

Sylvester

Nov 9, 2015, 4:40:12 AM11/9/15
to village-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Terry.

The MP2 Phone has the WAN port and LAN, I want to connect the WAN to the router to provide internet.

Regards,

Sylvester

Nov 9, 2015, 7:28:45 AM11/9/15
to village-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Terry,

The Loco is now the gateway, advice on how to put both the Loco and MP2 on the mesh. I am able to browse the internet on the Gateway but I can on the MP2. Please advice.

Mesh settings on the MP2

Mesh configuration on the Gateway:

Nov 9, 2015, 7:38:49 AM11/9/15
to village-...@googlegroups.com
Find attached...

regards,

Sly

Nov 9, 2015, 7:47:37 AM11/9/15
to village-telco-dev
PS It is midnight here so I will have a look in the morning.

SYLVESTER CHIBAMO

Nov 9, 2015, 9:52:30 AM11/9/15
to village-...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I have reset both units, mesh seem to be okay.and  i can browse the internet frm the Loco M2 unit.I cant browse from the MP2 unit. see attached configurations

The Loco M2

Regards,

Sylvester

Nov 10, 2015, 4:26:52 AM11/10/15
to village-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Terry,

It looks good now...mesh seem up and running.. I am able to get the internet through the MP2 connected via mesh to the Loco.

I want to configure smartphone feature now so that I can call my MP2 from my mobile.

I have enabled smartphonee feature on the Loco and made it master.

I added 300-304 with names under the smart phone tab. How do i intergrate this with the phone?

Regards,

Sly

Nov 10, 2015, 7:25:15 AM11/10/15
to village-...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Find attached configuration for SIP done..

below is my network diagram,the smartphone is not registering to the Loco.

Its asking for the below;
Account name:Sylvester
Caller ID:Sylvester
server:10.130.1.252
Username:Sylvester
Password:XXX

I am getting error while registering-forbidden.

Inline image

Sly

Nov 11, 2015, 6:25:22 AM11/11/15
to village-telco-dev
Hi Sylvester

A couple of things:

1. The Username field in the CSipSimple configuration for the softphone acct named "Sylvester" should be "softph399"
That is probably the reason it is not registering.

2. Check that the actual IP address that has been assigned to the smartphone is in the correct range (10.130.1.x)

Other than that, the set up looks OK as far as I can see.

On your diagram, the Loco should show two interfaces: The LAN interface 10.130.1.252 and the WAN interface (192.168.1.xx)

Would you send a screen shot of the WAN page of the Loco please?

Regards
Terry

T Gillett

Nov 11, 2015, 6:32:30 AM11/11/15
to village-telco-dev
Also check on the MP02 Advanced page, Asterisk section, that the Softphone Support is set to Client.

Please send a screenshot of the MP02 Advanced page.

Which softphone application are you using on your smartphone?
Is the smartphone Android or IoS?

SYLVESTER CHIBAMO

Nov 11, 2015, 8:19:51 AM11/11/15
to village-...@googlegroups.com
Hi

It seem to be working fine now.. but I cant hear the person calling from MP2, he is able to hear me but there is too much echo. What could be the problem? The MP2 hadset can call the smartphone fine.

I am using CsipSimple on an android phone.

Regards,

Sly

Nov 12, 2015, 2:32:20 AM11/12/15
to village-...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I get echo from soft phone to MP2 and vise versa..

I suspect the problem is unique to my phone only as it seems to be okay with my colleagues phone.

Does sms work on this thing, I mean from the smart phone to another using CSipSimple?

Regards,

Sylvester