ressiting

Vusumzi Ndzengu

Jul 28, 2014, 2:09:59 AM7/28/14
to village-...@googlegroups.com
Hi All i have used the fallback to reset my nanostation m2 but on the web interface i still get openwrt settings. I forgot to untick during the sysupgrade. I tried to restore defaults, save, and rebooted but still getting the 192.168.1.1

T Gillett

Jul 28, 2014, 3:27:02 AM7/28/14
to village-telco-dev
Hi Vusumzi

Firstly can you tell me the firmware version you have installed please.
It appears in the upper right hand corner of the Basic Config screen.
I would like to understand why the Default setting is not working and this will allow me to duplicate the problem if possible.

Secondly, you can reflash the device with the SECN firmware by copying the sysupgrade file to the /tmp directory on the device using scp and then running the command:

     sysupgrade   -v   -n   <filename>

where <filename is the name of the sysupgrade file.

To scp the file to the NS device:
- you will need to have set the root password on the NS device.
- connect your PC to the NS device and make sure you can log in.
-  open a new terminal window on your PC and cd to the directory where you have saved the sysupgrade firmware file (I am assuming you have Ubuntu or similar Linux on your PC)
- issue the command:
     scp     ./<filename>     root@<IP-address-of-NS>:/tmp
- you will be prompted for the root password of the NS device
- after the file transfers, login in to the NS and cd to the /tmp directory and check that the file is there.
- you can check the md5sum with the command:
     md5sum <filename>
- if it is all ok, issue the command
      sysupgrade   -n   -v   <filename>
- wait several minutes until the device has loaded the new  firmware and fully rebooted, then ping/telnet to the device on the default address on 10.130.1.20
- check that the SECN web page also appears at this IP address.

Then configure as required.

On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 4:09 PM, Vusumzi Ndzengu <ndze...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi All                                   i have used the fallback to reset my nanostation m2 but on the web interface i still get openwrt settings. I forgot to untick during the sysupgrade. I tried to restore defaults, save, and rebooted but still getting the 192.168.1.1

Vusumzi Ndzengu

Jul 28, 2014, 4:20:07 AM7/28/14
to village-...@googlegroups.com
HI Tlg

here is the Firmware: Version: SECN-2_0-RC6c UBNT 12.09.1 thanks

T Gillett

Jul 28, 2014, 5:25:36 AM7/28/14
to village-telco-dev
Thanks. I will test that.
Please wait till I get back to you before you try reflashing.

Vusumzi Ndzengu

Jul 28, 2014, 5:34:37 AM7/28/14
to village-...@googlegroups.com

ok cool thanks

T Gillett

Jul 28, 2014, 8:48:54 AM7/28/14
to village-telco-dev
Vusuzmi

Would you please go to the SECN Advanced configuration page,  scroll to the bottom of the page to find the buttons at the bottom of the page.

The button second from the right should be labelled Restore Defaults.

Click on this button and wait till the screen refreshes and comes back to the Basic page.

The settings should be restored to the defaults on the screen.
(Note they will not be effective at this point, just showing on the screen)

If this is correct, then disconnect the power from the device, and then reapply power.

The device should then start up on the default IP address of 10.130.1.20.

Please try this and tell us what the result is.

On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 4:09 PM, Vusumzi Ndzengu <ndze...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi All                                   i have used the fallback to reset my nanostation m2 but on the web interface i still get openwrt settings. I forgot to untick during the sysupgrade. I tried to restore defaults, save, and rebooted but still getting the 192.168.1.1

Vusumzi Ndzengu

Jul 28, 2014, 1:20:37 PM7/28/14
to village-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tlg when i click the restore default button it refreshes but still the same results. The IP address is 192.168.1.1 , lan gateway (this field is required) DNS nothing in the text field (invalid IP address). Even when i roboot it remains the same

T Gillett

Jul 28, 2014, 5:47:57 PM7/28/14
to village-telco-dev
I don't understand why the setting are not being restored to the default values, as I have just tested the same firmware on my test NS device and it restores correctly.

However that is beside the point - something may have been messed up during the flashing process.

Can you access the SECN Advanced / Firmware page?

On Tue, Jul 29, 2014 at 3:20 AM, Vusumzi Ndzengu <ndze...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Tlg                                    when i click the restore default button it refreshes but still the same results. The IP address is 192.168.1.1 , lan gateway (this field is required) DNS nothing in the text field (invalid IP address). Even when i roboot it remains the same

Vusumzi Ndzengu

Jul 29, 2014, 2:53:45 AM7/29/14
to village-...@googlegroups.com
Hi yesvi can access the firmware page

T Gillett

Jul 29, 2014, 2:57:01 AM7/29/14
to village-telco-dev
In that case you should be able to simply re-flash the device using the Firmware page.

Then it should come up with all the default settings.

On Tue, Jul 29, 2014 at 4:53 PM, Vusumzi Ndzengu <ndze...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi  yesvi can access the firmware page

Vusumzi Ndzengu

Jul 29, 2014, 3:19:09 PM7/29/14
to village-...@googlegroups.com
Hi tlg

the output when i click on restore defaults is shown in the attached screenshot. i think if that case i should try
to reflash it using the commands you have given me
Screenshot from 2014-07-29 23:08:35.png

T Gillett

Jul 29, 2014, 6:29:40 PM7/29/14
to village-telco-dev
You can try reflashing from the Firmware page, or from the command line.

Vusumzi Ndzengu

Jul 30, 2014, 3:20:28 AM7/30/14
to village-...@googlegroups.com
Hi tlg how do you reflash on the firmware page?

T Gillett

Jul 30, 2014, 4:09:25 AM7/30/14
to village-telco-dev
Vusumzi

Proceed as follows:

- Copy the firmware sysupgrade file and matching md5sum file to your laptop in a suitable directory.

- Point your laptop web browser to the NS device IP address to get the SECN configuration page.

- Go to the Advanced page.

- Click on the Firmware tab

- Click on the "Firmware Upgrade" link which will take you to the Firmware Upgrade page.

- Click on the "Choose file" button and browse the file system to locate the sysupgrade firmware file and select it.

- Open the md5sums file with a text editor and copy the checksum string for the NS sysupgrade file.

- Paste the checksum string into the "Paste Checksum" field on the Firmware Upgrade page.

- Click on the "Upload File" button. The file will be uploaded and the checksum verified.

- If the checksum verifies OK than you can click on the "Upgrade Firmware" button.

- The firmware will be upgraded and the device will restart.

- Wait at least three minutes till the device fully reboots, then you should find the device on the default IP address 10.130.1.20 with your browser or telnet.

Then enter the root password and change the configuration as required.

Please let us know how you go with it.

On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 5:20 PM, Vusumzi Ndzengu <ndze...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi tlg                                  how do you reflash on the firmware page?

Vusumzi Ndzengu

Aug 12, 2014, 8:39:37 AM8/12/14
to village-...@googlegroups.com
Hi All

apologies taking so long was off campus the last 2 weeks. i have followed the instructions TLG and eventually go the default secn page everythng is looking ok thanks