MP2 to be Classroom Router

Sylvester Chibamo

Nov 12, 2015, 4:49:01 AM11/12/15
to village-...@googlegroups.com

Hi

I am trying to implement a classroom router and I see only the development softwares.

It article says the development software are available at

This does not seem to be available. Please advice where I can download the software.

Don’t we have production software’s as yet?

Regards,

Sylvester

T Gillett

Nov 12, 2015, 6:02:33 AM11/12/15
to village-telco-dev

Sylvester Chibamo

Nov 12, 2015, 8:14:43 AM11/12/15
to village-...@googlegroups.com

Hi

I have downloaded it and upgraded the MP2,  I do not have an option to change the mode to Master.

See below screenshot,

Regards,

Sylvester

image001.jpg

Sylvester Chibamo

Nov 13, 2015, 3:18:23 AM11/13/15
to village-...@googlegroups.com

Hi

Please advise on the below,

1)      Classroom Router after upgrading I cant chage the mode to Master.. its only showing Single.

2)      Additionally advice if you are in a classroom setup cant we make use of the FXS port on the MP2, when I do the upgrade for FXS I loose the configuration for classroom router.

3)      Is it possible to integrate the classroom setup with the MP2 designed for home use to provide internet & telephone?

4)      The diagram below shows the proposed connectivity.

Regards,

Sylvester

Nov 13, 2015, 6:50:52 AM11/13/15
to village-telco-dev
Hi Sylvester

1. Master/Slave mode was used in earlier firmware to mesh multiple devices to for a virtual AP.
This was required due to limitations of the wifi firmware that limited the number of concurrent connections.
With later wifi software the device can directly support 30+ connections so for simplicity of operation the M/S modes were removed.

2. CR firmware does not support FXS / Phone operation.

3. The standard MP02 FXS firmware supports the FXS/Phone, Mesh and AP functions.
The default configuration when flashed has all these facilities running, but the WAN interface is not configured.

4. It is not clear to me from the diagram quite what you are trying to achieve at the School and Teachers Houses.
It seems that you plan to provide a P2P link to the school using Netgear wifi routers, then connect a Loco at the school via Ethernet.
There is a second Loco at the Teacher's Houses. Not clear how that is connected.
Then there are several MP02 units at the School and Teacher's houses. Are these meshed to the Locos?

I assume that there will be client devices (eg laptops) at the School and Teachers Houses that connect to the MP02s to get Internet connectivity.
And there are smartphones also connected presumably for softphone and Internet.

Will the MP02s there have POTS phones attached?

All the above should be readily achievable with the standard FXS firmware on the MP02 units.

Can you give some outline of the physical layout of the sites including the distances involved, and the sort of terrain eg open, vegetation areas etc.

If you want to have dedicated classroom routers (without FXS) you could use the CR firmware, or perhaps more usefully, the new VT-RACHEL firmware which will
allow you to serve the RACHEL library content locally from each device.

Going forward, development of the CR firmware will be capped, and replaced by the VT_RACHEL firmware.

Regards
Terry

PS  I am travelling at present with limited Internet access so my responses will be sporadic.