Multi FXO

Tallal Almessairy

Oct 22, 2015, 8:13:21 AM10/22/15
to Village Telco Development Community
Hello there,

I was wondering if we will see MP2 with 2 or more FXO ports.

Best regards

Steve Song

Oct 22, 2015, 9:41:21 AM10/22/15
to Village Telco Dev
Hi Tallal,

No immediate plans.  Curious to know what you would use an MP2 with 2 FXO ports for.

If the WiFi element is not essential or could be added on via another device such as an MP2 Basic, you could look at David Rowe's IPOX devices at

He offers the IP02 IP-PBX which can be configured with a dual FXO port.

Cheers... Steve

Message has been deleted

Tallal Almessairy

Oct 23, 2015, 3:04:25 AM10/23/15
to Village Telco Development Community, st...@villagetelco.org
Hello Steve,

Thank you for responding. I am studding the possibility of using MP devices as an ATA  for a service providers.
the Mesh topology is not a requirement and the fact of using MP devices is due to the prices of these devices.
it is a requirement to have a minimum of 2 FXO ports in the ATA.
it is a requirement to ( Openvpn, Sshuttle ) vpn clients on the ATA.
Wifi enabled devices is not a requirement.
I have used IP04 with 3 FXS and 1 FXO  few yeas ago and it was perfect but still the IP0x rang is quite expensive for the plan, since I am limiting my choices with some thing less than 100$ .
So far MP2 can do every thing but it is limited to one FXO.

I would appreciate if you can guide me to some directions or solutions.

Best regards

T Gillett

Oct 23, 2015, 3:30:02 AM10/23/15
to village-telco-dev
Hi Tallal

The MP02 has one FXS port, not an FXO port.
    http://www.3cx.com/pbx/fxs-fxo/

If you are actually looking for a device with two FXS ports, you might be interested in devices like these:

    http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/unified-communications/spa112-2-port-phone-adapter/index.html

    http://x100p.com/products/js200fx.php

Regards
Terry

On Fri, Oct 23, 2015 at 5:00 PM, Tallal Almessairy <tal...@doxyterra.net> wrote:
Hello Steve,

Thank you for responding. I am studding the possibility of using MP devices as an ATA  for a service providers.
the Mesh topology is not a requirement and the fact of using MP devices is due of the prices of these devices.
it is a requirement to have a minimum of 2 FXO ports in the ATA.
it is a requirement to ( Openvpn, Sshuttle ) vpn clients on the ATA.
Wifi enabled devices is not a requirement.
I have used IP04 with 3 FXS and 1 FXO  few yeas ago and it was perfect but still the IP0x rang is quite expensive for the plan, since I am limiting my choices with some thing less than 100$ .
So far MP2 can do every thing but it is limited to one FXO.

I would appreciate if you can guide me to some directions or solutions.

Best regards

Tallal Almessairy

Oct 23, 2015, 3:49:52 AM10/23/15
to Village Telco Development Community
Oh thanks Terry,

I guess I messed up :) I mean FXS not FXO , FXO is not requirement.
as you can see a part of the FXS ports I am limited by 2 factors, price and firmware features.
I did not check CISCO's products but I am more than sure that it will not fit into my pricing range nor the features.
I will need to investigate x100p. thanks again Terry

Best regards

T Gillett

Oct 23, 2015, 3:58:04 AM10/23/15
to village-telco-dev
The Cisco (formerly Linksys) SPA112 device sells here for $50 retail so it may be in your price range.

You will need to look into the VPN capabilites of any of these devices to make sure you can meet your requirements.

Glen Steedman

Oct 23, 2015, 4:31:45 AM10/23/15
to village-...@googlegroups.com
quick google , seems there are 1,2,4,8 port versions . I've never used them , but says it supports openvpn.

Sent from my iPhone