TP-Link and the FCC

Steve Song

Aug 4, 2016, 9:56:38 AM8/4/16
to Village Telco Dev
In other news this week, TP-Link have reached a settlement with the FCC which states that they will pay a fine for having shipped devices that can be configured to run above the Type-approval standards.  More interestingly for me is that they are also being compelled to cooperate with Open Source projects and make sure that open source firmwares remain installable on their equipment.  Good news!  More info at

T Gillett

Aug 4, 2016, 6:45:40 PM8/4/16
to village-telco-dev

On Thu, Aug 4, 2016 at 11:56 PM, Steve Song <st...@villagetelco.org> wrote:
In other news this week, TP-Link have reached a settlement with the FCC which states that they will pay a fine for having shipped devices that can be configured to run above the Type-approval standards.  More interestingly for me is that they are also being compelled to cooperate with Open Source projects and make sure that open source firmwares remain installable on their equipment.  Good news!  More info at

Carlos Rey-Moreno

Aug 12, 2016, 5:15:05 AM8/12/16
to village-telco-dev

Good news indeed!