SIP behaving strangely on Mesh Potato 2s with telephone

Manfred Takondwa Makawa

Jul 14, 2015, 7:55:59 PM7/14/15
to village-...@googlegroups.com
We are using outdoor Mesh Potato 2s in our network setup and we managed to create a 1.2KM WiFi link.
However is behaving strangely as when you are using softphones the connection is not of good quality despite being in a good range of a mounted antenna. Also when calls are made from a softphone to a landline the softphone is able to hear the landline user but not the other way around. Is there anyone else experiencing this quality issue with the new Mesh Potato 2s? The softphones we used were Samsung Galaxy S4, S4mini among others so the softphones themselves are out of the question?

T Gillett

Jul 14, 2015, 8:29:08 PM7/14/15
to village-telco-dev

Hi Manfred

Whst softphone app are you using on the phones?

The 'built in' softphone apps on Samsung phones can be problematic.

For comparison could you try the CSipSimple app please?

Regards
Terry

On 15/07/2015 9:56 AM, "Manfred Takondwa Makawa" <mtma...@gmail.com> wrote:
We are using outdoor Mesh Potato 2s in our network setup and we managed to create a 1.2KM WiFi link.
However is behaving strangely as when you are using softphones the connection is not of good quality despite being in a good range of a mounted antenna. Also when calls are made from a softphone to a landline the softphone is able to hear the landline user but not the other way around. Is there anyone else experiencing this quality issue with the new Mesh Potato 2s? The softphones we used were Samsung Galaxy S4, S4mini among others so the softphones themselves are out of the question?

T Gillett

Jul 14, 2015, 8:31:28 PM7/14/15
to village-telco-dev

Also what is the batman score and the SNR value for the link?

A screen shot of the Status page will show this information.

Manfred Takondwa Makawa

Jul 16, 2015, 5:31:03 AM7/16/15
to village-...@googlegroups.com
the SNR value is 16. We were using SipSimple and in the case where we were using 2softphones we were just a few feet from each other and in good sight of the antenna considering the angle.
As for the firmware it is SECN-2_1-Alpha10 MP02 FXS 12.09.1

The devices were deployed but when I go back to maintain then I will try the suggested changes.
Thank you