load balancing

vusumzi ndzengu

Nov 2, 2016, 12:25:19 AM11/2/16
to Village Telco Development Community
Hi All

I am experiencing slow network connections due to network congestions on my mesh network. I am kindly asking any advice to load balance traffic among the nodes within the mesh network. The mesh network uses batman-adv routing protocol and TQ routing metric.

Regard
Vusi

Steve Song

Nov 2, 2016, 1:10:04 PM11/2/16
to Village Telco Dev
Hi Vusi,

As a general rule, the mesh does its own load-balancing as it is continuously measuring the performance of the links to neighbouring nodes on the mesh and adjusting its routing accordingly.  Are you sure the congestion is happening on the mesh nodes and not at the gateway?

If you really want to experiment with manually adjusting the routing metrics, this would be a question to pose to the b.a.t.m.a.n.-adv list at b.a.t...@lists.open-mesh.org

Regards... Steve