New SECN firmware - Version 1.1 RC2

Song, Stephen

Mar 14, 2012, 9:32:23 AM3/14/12
to village-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Thanks to the efforts of Terry, Elektra, and Keith about whom I cannot
say wonderful enough things, we have a very solid new firmware with
some great features. Check it out at

http://villagetelco.org/2012/03/new-firmware-release-version-1-1-rc2/

Please, we need people to torture test this release. Help.

Cheers.. Steve

Wayne Abroue

Mar 14, 2012, 9:59:28 AM3/14/12
to village-...@googlegroups.com
Busy DL, ing

Wayne A

Rael Lissoos

Mar 14, 2012, 10:27:03 AM3/14/12
to village-...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Well done. have flashed MP  all went well. interface looks good. (doing 2nd)

I never used the img file.  is this needed

Thanks Rael

Song, Stephen

Mar 14, 2012, 10:36:40 AM3/14/12
to village-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rael,

Cool!

The img file can be used with sysupgrade to do remote updates. Just
be sure to use the -n option with sysupgrade to do a clean flash as it
does not properly save existing configuration. We need to modify
sysupgrade to be able to pass an IP address to it so that a remotely
flashed MP will come back up again on the same network.

Cheers... S

--
Steve Song
http://manypossibilities.net

Rael Lissoos

Mar 14, 2012, 10:48:04 AM3/14/12
to village-...@googlegroups.com
Steve

Thank you.

Flashed 2nd MP, went well connected to MP1 no prob.  I will try MP3 now.

Then will test the asterisk, not sure I understand the settings on GUI, will play though.
I see last octet ip dialing still works well

Thanks
Rael

T Gillett

Mar 14, 2012, 4:18:01 PM3/14/12
to village-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rael

There is an updated User Guide that explains the various fields on the
new web interface (albeit briefly) located at:

http://villagetelco.org/download/firmware/secn/unstable/mp/SECN-1.1/SECN-1.1_UserGuide-d5.pdf

There is more work required on this document so any feedback on it is welcome.

Steve
Should we put a copy of this somewhere more accessible?

Regards
Terry

Rael Lissoos

Mar 15, 2012, 5:36:37 AM3/15/12
to village-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a million

3 are done. Doing more.

Is the Batman compatible with the older versions of SECN (should test myself i suppose), I will reflash all anyway.

I will take a read before looking at the asterisk

RAel

Song, Stephen

Mar 15, 2012, 6:03:59 AM3/15/12
to village-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rael,

Yes, the BATMAN versions are compatible but the BSSID has changed to
be compatible with the with the TP-Link devices

You will need to change the BSSID in /etc/config/wireless from

option bssid 01:CA:FF:EE:BA:BE

option bssid 02:CA:FF:EE:BA:BE

02:CA:FF:EE:BA:BE is now the standard BSSID for Village Telco devices.
The next big upgrade will be to Version 2 of the firmware which will
include a move to the latest BATMAN-ADV which IS incompatible with
previous generations.

Cheers... Steve

Giang

Apr 2, 2012, 4:07:59 AM4/2/12
to village-...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,
On the new SECN version1.1 RC2, I can't see the old " LuCI Administration" link (pointing to https://IPadress/cgi-bin/luci).  Is that still available on the lastest firmware?

A related question about flashing the firmware:
Sorry if I missed it, but is there a way to flash a new TP-wr703n asides from their web interface (alike the potato-flash for the MP)?

Thanks for your time.

Song, Stephen

Apr 3, 2012, 2:28:06 AM4/3/12
to village-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Giang,

On 2 April 2012 10:07, Giang <gia...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello all,
On the new SECN version1.1 RC2, I can't see the old " LuCI Administration" link (pointing to https://IPadress/cgi-bin/luci).  Is that still available on the lastest firmware?

It is not shipped by default now but is installable with opkg.  Nothing against luci just trying to keep everything under 4mb.

A related question about flashing the firmware:
Sorry if I missed it, but is there a way to flash a new TP-wr703n asides from their web interface (alike the potato-flash for the MP)?

I defer to Keith or Elektra on this one.

Cheers... Steve

Thanks for your time.