Saltar al primer mensaje no leído

davidfra...@gmail.com

no leída,
7 mar 2017, 12:13:237/3/17
a Village Telco Development Community

Hi All

If you view my other posts you will see that I have successfully flashed MR3020 and, because of memory limitations, have them working as SECN mesh network only. I am extremely impressed with them as they have eradicated null spots in the house. And I have since re-flashed them with the SECN-LEDE firmware.

I decided that not having Rachel, USB 3G access and Smart-phone was a disadvantage and thus purchased a WR842 that came in the European version v1.3 This, of course has more memory, but being a newer model, experience of flashing with OpenWrt is not that common in the community. However, following Terry’s input, I opted for this version of OpenWrt

http://dl.eko.one.pl/luci/chaos_calmer/ar71xx/luci-15.05-ar71xx-generic-tl-wr842n-v3-squashfs-factory.bin  (incorporates Luci)

http://dl.eko.one.pl/luci/chaos_calmer/ar71xx/luci-15.05-ar71xx-generic-tl-wr842n-v3-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin

And Terry did some early research and found that when they change chipsets between hardware models, sometimes the eth0 and eth1 port assignment to WAN and LAN changes. This was the case for the WR842 between Ver 1 and Ver 2.

Now in Ver 3 it has been changed back again and produced a updated version of the SECN specially for v1.3

 http://download.villagetelco.org/firmware/secn/unstable/tp-link/SECN-4/SECN_4.0/GA01.2-Alpha2/

So I now have the Mesh working with WR842, and have checked that the DHCP function works, and there is access to the LAN network and the internet. I have been trying to get the router to access my VOIP provider (sipgate.co.uk). There were one or two differences between system generated potato.sip.conf and what sipgate.co.uk require, so I created a custom.sip.conf and stopped reading potato.sip.conf as a short term fix until I know how to configure VOIP access

I have added the log asterisk file that shows the reason why I am not registering, but I could do with some ideas where I should look next. I know the Asterisk configuration doc inside out (it’s a steep learning curve) so I thought that I have got the configuration correct. Or is it a problem caused by mixing versions 4 and 5 of the SECN software

Regards and thanks,

David Lindsay

latest asterisk log.txt

T Gillett

no leída,
8 mar 2017, 0:51:098/3/17
a village-telco-dev
Hi David

It seems that Asterisk can't contact the SIP server.

Can you ping it from the command line of the SECN device?

In general you can't use SECN-4 and SECN-5 devices on the same mesh because they use different wifi interfaces for the mesh (AdHoc/IBS and MeshPoint) so they won't interoperate.

You can check by running 'iw dev' command on each device.

regards
Terry

davidfra...@gmail.com

no leída,
14 mar 2017, 6:54:0614/3/17
a Village Telco Development Community

Thanks, I resolved the access issues

The firmware seems to have crashed on the WR842N. I had the latest SECN-5- LEDE firmware installed. Here is the diagnosis

1.       I cannot access the firmware using any of the SECN ip address

2.       I cannot ping 192.168.1.1

3.       I cannot use TELNET on 192.168.1.1

4.       I can get the router in failsafe mode and can access it using 192.168.1.1 in ssh mode and login under”root”

I am not totally sure what state the modem is in. Can I assume that the SECN software has to be loaded again?

If so, copy the required sysupgrade.bin file to the device using the scp command from within a ssh session on my PC To use the sysupgrade command line utility, copy the required sysupgrade firmware file to the /tmp directory on the device using scp.

Open a terminal session on the device, change to the /tmp directory and execute the sysupgrade command as follows:

 cd /tmp

 sysupgrade -v -n ./<filename-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin>

The firmware will be upgraded and the device will restart. Note that the restart process will take several minutes to fully complete and accessing the device before this time may result in unexpected behaviour. See note above about using the -n flag and preserving the device configuration.

Can I use this version http://download.villagetelco.org/firmware/secn/unstable/tp-link/SECN-5/SECN-5/LEDE-RC1/WR842-Ver3/ straightaway, or do I have to load an earlier version first? And then upgrade to this one?

Or have I got to reloaded the TP-Link firmware and start again?

Your help is appreciated, as usual

BR

David Lindsay

T Gillett

no leída,
14 mar 2017, 7:08:0214/3/17
a village-telco-dev
Hi David

I suggest that reflashing the router is probably the fastest / simplest way to get back to a known point.
But reflash from normal operating mode rather than Failsafe mode.

If you can get the router into Failsafe mode and establish a terminal session, then run the "firstboot" command.

Then look at /etc/config/network to see what IP address is set in the "lan" section, and edit it if required.

Check that the 'ifname' field in the lan section is set to 'eth0' (for your Ver 3 device).
Check the other fields to make sure they have sensible values eg netmask should be '255.255.255.0'

When you are ready, run the 'reboot -f' command to restart the device.

After restart, it should appear on the IP address noted above. Then you can connect, set a password, upload the sysupgrade.bin file and run 'sysupgrade -v  -n   <filename>

Regards
Terry

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/village-telco-dev/d43f0259-3930-4625-95ad-9076cfc4878e%40googlegroups.com.

T Gillett

no leída,
14 mar 2017, 7:09:4014/3/17
a village-telco-dev
Some general information on Failsafe mode from the VT Wiki page here:

   http://wiki.villagetelco.org/OpenWrt_Failsafe_Mode_and_Flash_Recovery
Responder a todos
Responder al autor
Reenviar