Installing Librenms

Sylvester Chibamo

Mar 1, 2016, 5:18:47 AM3/1/16
to village-...@googlegroups.com, lets...@hexloctech.com
Hi

Has any one tried this one as i am experiencing problems to get apache working,

I installed apache and installed webmin as i am new to this linux, now my webmin is not running i am getting the error below

when  i start apache i am getting the error below using firefox

============================

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to localhost:10000. SSL received a record that exceeded the maximum permissible length. (Error code: ssl_error_rx_record_too_long)

    The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
    Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem. Alternatively, use the command found in the help menu to report this broken site.
===============================

when i try to start apache i get the error below
root@127:~# sudo service apache2 start
 * Starting web server apache2                                                  Syntax error on line 1 of /etc/apache2/conf.d/fqdn:
Invalid command 'utilite-desktop', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration
httpd (pid 6257) already running

On my /etc/apache2/conf.d/fqdn i shave the below..

utilite-desktop localhost
127.0.0.1    localhost
127.0.0.1    utilite-desktop

Please advice.

Sylvester

Steve Song

Mar 1, 2016, 8:57:06 AM3/1/16
to Village Telco Dev

Abdoulaye Siby

Mar 2, 2016, 10:11:19 PM3/2/16
to Village Telco Development Community, lets...@hexloctech.com
Hello Sylvester

May I ask which platform your using on which you have installed apache and webmin?

Thank you

Sylvester Chibamo

Mar 3, 2016, 2:19:39 AM3/3/16
to village-...@googlegroups.com, lets...@hexloctech.com

Hi..

Its installed on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

The syntax error is resolved now,

----

root@127:~# sudo service apache2 start
 * Starting web server apache2             Syntax error on line 1 of /etc/apache2/conf.d/fqdn:

But webmin is still not opening,

I am getting

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to localhost:10000. SSL received a record that exceeded the maximum permissible length. (Error code: ssl_error_rx_record_too_long)

    The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
    Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem. Alternatively, use the command found in the help menu to report this broken site.

Regards,

Sylvester

Wayne Abroue

Mar 3, 2016, 2:27:38 AM3/3/16
to village-telco-dev, lets...@hexloctech.com
This is normal, there should be a link to get beyond,, It's a security feature in your browser when accessing a registered url. You can bypass in firefox options.

WA

Sylvester Chibamo

Mar 3, 2016, 2:57:33 AM3/3/16
to village-...@googlegroups.com, lets...@hexloctech.com

Hi Wayne,

Something must be wrong, it does not take me further.. see the screen short below.

image003.jpg

Wayne Abroue

Mar 3, 2016, 3:21:40 AM3/3/16
to village-telco-dev
Try this, also take out the 127.0.0.1    utilite-desktop line
ln -s /etc/apache2/sites-available/default-ssl /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-default-ssl

Sylvester Chibamo

Apr 8, 2016, 3:51:35 AM4/8/16
to village-...@googlegroups.com, lets...@hexloctech.com

Hi

Thanks I finally managed to install LimbreNms, For test purposes I have added one device(10.130.1.9) and I am not getting any statistics. Please advice.

10.130.1.9 is an MP2 running SECN 3 with SNMP. On Libre it shows error drawing graph.

See below SNMP is running on the MP2;

root@MP2-9:~# ps|grep snmp

1445 root      2380 S    /usr/sbin/snmpd -Lf /dev/null -p /var/run/snmpd.pid

2022 root      1356 S    grep snmp

root@MP2-9:~#

Regards,

Sylvester