[2.0] Questions

Daryl Teo

Jan 4, 2013, 4:34:05 AM1/4/13
to ve...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tim,

   just had a couple of questions.
  • Do you have a projected deadline for launching 2.0?
  • Which branch are you using for 2.0 development? If I want cutting edge should I be looking at master or vertx20? I recently submitted a pull request but that was for vertx20... and I noticed a lot of activity on the master branch so should I resubmit it on master?
Basically what I'm trying to answer now for myself is, if I'm building a module now, should I be targeting 1.3, or 2.0.

Kind Regards,
Daryl

Tim Fox

Jan 4, 2013, 4:37:47 AM1/4/13
to ve...@googlegroups.com
Hi Daryl,

On 04/01/13 09:34, Daryl Teo wrote:
Hi Tim,

   just had a couple of questions.
  • Do you have a projected deadline for launching 2.0?

Not sure really.. but I would guess about 3 months from now. Something like that.

  • Which branch are you using for 2.0 development?

I am going to release a 1.3.1 imminently, after that start properly on 2.0.

I'm thinking I'll probably do 2.0 development on master (and merge the vertx20 branch back in), and create another branch from the 1.3.1 tag as necessary if we need to do any bug fix release on the 1.3 branch before 2.0.

  • If I want cutting edge should I be looking at master or vertx20? I recently submitted a pull request but that was for vertx20... and I noticed a lot of activity on the master branch so should I resubmit it on master?
Basically what I'm trying to answer now for myself is, if I'm building a module now, should I be targeting 1.3, or 2.0.

Kind Regards,
Daryl

Daryl Teo

Jan 4, 2013, 6:53:12 AM1/4/13