Error when importing template

Mike DeLorenzo

Jul 3, 2015, 10:03:34 PM7/3/15
to versiono...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

I am trying to use Version One for Personal use, using the Team license which is free.

Once I signed up and entered my portal, I immedialty, downloaded the template (Basic_Backlog_Import_Template.xls) to upload my Stories and Tasks.  Since I am using the Team license, I am only allowed one project.  So all my "projects" are Stories and the tasks under the Stories.

Attached to this message is the file I am trying to upload.  However I get the following error message when trying to upload it.

Sheet: Backlog Items Row: 2VersionOne Warning: The attribute Parent Backlog is required and was not supplied. This change was not saved. Please alert your administrator if you continue to have an issue.
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks!
Mike
Basic_Backlog_Import_Template.xls

Hall, Teresa

Jul 3, 2015, 10:20:34 PM7/3/15
to versiono...@googlegroups.com

Hi Mike

You need to put the project path into the backlog field.  In the Advance Temple that field is called Scope. It usually takes <Myproject\Subproject > .

To find your path go into Project Planning under your project then hover over your Project name and it will tell you the full path. Note that it uses forward slash and it will add it to the project overall Backlog and not a Sprint backlog.

Example:  DA Platform\Info Management and Analytics - Non DAP SOW

Teresa L Hall,

PMI-ACP,  PMP®,

Data/System Analyst III

Continental DataGraphics  a Boeing Company

Direct:  (425) 691-2646

E-Mail:  th...@cdgnow.com

E-Mail:  teresa...@boeing.com

Virtual:  Thurs and Fri

Cell: (425) 753-9884

Quality must be planned in, not inspected in!—PMPBOK Chapter 8 Quality Management p 266

Mike DeLorenzo

Jul 5, 2015, 10:18:44 PM7/5/15
to versiono...@googlegroups.com
Hi Teresa!

Thank you so much for your reply!!

I tried to follow the steps you gave me to find my Path, but with the Team license, there is only one Project.  I attached a screenshot of what my Project Planning screen looks like.  The Project name is MikeDeLo.  I tried to play with the scope column for different formats for the path.  ie. \MikeDeLo, Mikedelo\, MikeDeLo\1.

Keep in mind, I can only have one project as the Team license allows for only one project.  So all my "Projects" are really different Scopes.

Thank you!!!!

7-5-2015 11-03-10 AM.jpg

Hall, Teresa

Jul 6, 2015, 10:49:27 AM7/6/15
to versiono...@googlegroups.com

Mike

Based on your URL, your path might be:

self168\MikeDelo

Hall, Teresa

Jul 6, 2015, 10:49:27 AM7/6/15
to versiono...@googlegroups.com

Mike,

My instructions were still not clear.  If you see the blue MikeDelo in the project name drop down, hover over it--the curser arrow will change to a hand that to invoke the informational drop down that gives the info about the project.  My screen shot did not capture the hand on the project blue link.

Hope this clarifies it better.