Swimlanes

Terry Cotant

Feb 18, 2015, 4:07:14 PM2/18/15
to versiono...@googlegroups.com
I'm moving some projects over from JIRA. In their JIRA boards, they have swim lanes set up by "age" (i.e., due date past due, due date within 1 week, due date within 2 weeks, etc.) Typically I set up swim lanes to group by Priority, which I believe overall makes good sense for Kanban teams.

I started wondering why the Group By dialog doesn't allow us to select more than the built-in fields that it shows. If I added a Date type custom field for the Story, shouldn't it show up here? Same for a list type - it should show the list options as swim lane groups.

Any thoughts on this? Anyone else have a similar request?

Dan Tanner

Apr 14, 2015, 12:56:27 AM4/14/15
to versiono...@googlegroups.com
You may want to hit up the Idea Space and suggest it.  That would allow others to chime in and VersionOne could see the request and consider it for a future release.

Mark Crowe

Apr 14, 2015, 11:32:01 AM4/14/15
to versiono...@googlegroups.com

Storyboards can use any List Type field for a swimlane. If you create a custom List Type for your backlog, you’ll be able use it for a swimlane on your storyboard.

John Boyd

Apr 14, 2015, 11:52:32 PM4/14/15
to versiono...@googlegroups.com
Mark please share with me further here... What is a swimlane ?   Please elaborate here !

John L. Boyd

From: mark....@versionone.com
To: versiono...@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: Swimlanes
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2015 15:30:30 +0000

Dan Tanner

Apr 15, 2015, 10:47:31 AM4/15/15
to versiono...@googlegroups.com
The Swim Lanes should match up with the Status of the asset.  I am wondering if OP is referring to the "group by" feature, where you can group items together (by source, by feature, by priority, etc).

From: mark....@versionone.com
To: versiono...@googlegroups.com
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2015 15:30:30 +0000

Storyboards can use any List Type field for a swimlane. If you create a custom List Type for your backlog, you’ll be able use it for a swimlane on your storyboard.

John Boyd

Apr 15, 2015, 9:42:51 PM4/15/15
to versiono...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Dan