Reporting - Getting "Orphaned" WorkItems

Dan Tanner

Apr 14, 2015, 12:56:52 AM4/14/15
to versiono...@googlegroups.com
We are trying to determine what items in the backlog are "orphaned".  Essentially, any User Story or Defect that does not currently have a corresponding Issue or Epic now needs to in our system.  For Epics, it's not as difficult, we can just get a list where there's no value in the WorkitemDetails.Epic field.  However, this doesn't account for the ones with Issues.  A quick and easy way to determine the WorkItems not associated with Issues has proven difficult.

I tried using the custom reporting and pulling in the "WorkitemDetails" and the "Workitem Resolves Issue", but the only value allowed in that last table is 1, so it filters everything else out.

Has anyone successfully done something similar?

Thank you.