Using Estimate for Burndown and Velocity calculations (not To-Dos)

dmills9.c...@gmail.com

May 29, 2015, 10:22:22 AM5/29/15
to versiono...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

We are using a very traditional Scrum process without lots of effort tracking.  We are using the Estimate field (Fibonacci level of difficulty) and nothing else.  We do not track developers detailed to-do progress; only whether or not the story is not started, in progress, or done.  Currently the burndown report only uses the Remaining To-Do field in calculations.  Is there a way to control that calculation?

I would like the chart to show, for any given day,
X: Time (day in sprint)
Y: Sum of Estimates for all Stories with Done status (for burnup chart) (my preference)
or
X: Time (day in sprint)
Y: Sum of Estimates for all Stories without Done status (for burndown chart)

Alternatively, is there a different report that shows something similar?

Thanks,
Drew

Pecha, Paul A

May 29, 2015, 1:16:08 PM5/29/15
to versiono...@googlegroups.com

The Cumulative Flow report will show you the sum of estimates for all stories in each status.  Alternatively, if you close stories once they are done, the Estimate Trend report will show you the sum of estimates for all stories that are open vs. closed.

Thx,

Paul Pecha