Creating a new project heirarchy : Should I go for sub projects or Releases?

Divya Thampi

Jan 18, 2016, 8:53:18 AM1/18/16
to VersionOne-users
Hi there,

We are doing product developments which means that we have multiple releases along the lifecycle of the product and our release frequency is pretty small.This means that each Release is run as a different project. While building this heirarchy in VersionOne , I now have two options - One is to create sub projects for any new release OR to create "Releases" within the product.

I would like to know the implications of creating a Sub project Vs a Release in terms of:

1) Sprint Schedules - Within a single product release, there may be multiple teams working with different Sprint schedules - so we might have to create sub projects for this within the Release. Is this possible?

2) Reporting - Are all reporting which are possible at a Project, possible at a Release level as well?

Regards,
Divya

alex.bro...@intel.com

Jan 18, 2016, 9:33:05 PM1/18/16
to VersionOne-users

>> This means that each Release is run as a different project

Yes, this is typically how we do it and it works well.

In regards to

>>“Within a single product release, there may be multiple teams working with different Sprint schedules - so we might have to create sub projects for this within the Release

I would rather track multiple teams working with different Sprint schedules as Dependencies – V1 allows you to do that.

- AB