Use VersionOne to track progress against Corporate Goals?

Gregory Lyons

Nov 6, 2015, 1:37:06 PM11/6/15
to VersionOne-users
My leadership has asked if we can track progress against our 2016 corporate goals in VersionOne.  The end goal is a dashboard that will show progress (e.g. our Communications dept. is 73% done with their 2016 goals).  I do not know how to build the Initiative/Story/Task structure so that we can update progress in VersioOne and then report it.

Here is an example goal that I would need to track so you can see the data hierarchy:
  • Communications Dept Goals for 2016
    • Goal: increase engagement with social media
      • Objective 1: Create a plan by March 2016
        • Milestone: Build baseline
        • Milestone: Sign up SMEs
      • Objective 2: Increase Video Engagement
        • Milestone: create one video per quarter
        • Milestone: live stream two events
How could I set this up in VersionOne so that I could go to the Milestone: Build Baseline action, say it is 75% complete and have that roll up?  Maybe a creative use of story points or hours?  Stories like '25% done' that I mark complete?  I feel like it can be done but I am not seeing it.

I think if I can do that then the normal VersionOne ScoreCards and Dashboards can be used.

Thanks so much for any advice.

Greg
United Network for Organ Sharing (UNOS) Scrum Master