Inserting html into description field

Chuck Fillet

Jun 22, 2015, 11:26:02 AM6/22/15
to versiono...@googlegroups.com
When I create a new task, the task form has two fields that accept rich format such as insert table , add a link etc. All seem to be done using html. However, I would like to add a html table via cut and paste rather than use the table tool  provided and then copy/paste each individual cell. This is tedious as hell.  How can you paste in an html table t and have it not be displayed as a table and not the text markup?

Thanks

Chuck

Chuck Fillet

Jun 22, 2015, 11:47:10 AM6/22/15
to versiono...@googlegroups.com
I found the answer to my question.  I was copying the html from my text editor  and pasting into the text box using paste ( this is on windows/chrome)  and I got markup. For the hell of it, I saved the html to a file and brought it up in a browser then copied the table from the browser. I pasted and it showed up in the task description  textbox as a html table. So it looks like part of the process to copy to the clipboard must indicate what kind of data it is . My text editor says the markup is text and the browser says its html .  Not the cleanest way to get html into the text box but it better than retyping .

Chuck