Reusable Test Cases

Richard Williams

Sep 4, 2014, 6:44:52 PM9/4/14
to versiono...@googlegroups.com
Has anyone unlocked a way to reuse test cases?  I'm not talking about a regression suite, but reusing test cases on a user story basis.

John.Ai...@mitchell1.com

Sep 11, 2014, 5:48:46 PM9/11/14
to versiono...@googlegroups.com

Richard,

I would think about using the Regression Suites.

In my experience a Test (Given/When/Then) should not apply to more than one Story or the Stories are the same.  Wanting to check for regression is normal however, since a new Story may affect one of these elements of a prior Test.

Regards, John

Mitchell 1John Ainsworth
Mitchell 1
Sr. Software Manager

facebook

 Toll Free: (888) 724-6742 ext. 6025 | Phone: (858) 391-5000 ext. 6025

facebook

john.ai...@mitchell1.com | www.mitchell1.com

facebookgoogle+TwitterYou Tube

The information contained in this message is intended only for the personal and confidential use by the recipient(s) named above. This message is deemed to be privileged and confidential.  If the reader is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this message in error and that any review, dissemination or copying of such is strictly prohibited. Accordingly, please notify the sender and delete from your system immediately.

Rick Williams

Sep 12, 2014, 10:19:05 AM9/12/14
to versiono...@googlegroups.com
John,

Thank you for your feedback.  However, there are multiple scenarios where the test case can and should be reused.  Our methodology is based on Scenario Based testing, not Requirement Based testing.  With scenario based testing we are able to do more with less and still cover every requirement and acceptance criteria listed by the PO/BA.

Thank you,