Using templates to create user stories

marshall.cowart

Apr 17, 2014, 5:36:46 PM4/17/14
to versiono...@googlegroups.com
How can I create a user story in my backlog from a template.

thomas.edwards2

Apr 25, 2014, 1:55:58 PM4/25/14
to versiono...@googlegroups.com
I know of two methods, but the one I prefer is the left side arrow.  Found on many screens, it is a barely visible icon that opens up a left side navigation panel. Once you click the arrow, click the dropdown under Add New and select Story From Template, then select the template you want to use.  That simple!!

The other is from the Product Planning, Templates panel.  Simply go to the panel, find the template, and click Generate Story.

This assumes you have already created the template you want to use.  If not, create it first in the Templates Panel.  Remember that every piece of data in the template is duplicated into the new story, so it is likely you will want to adjust things before saving.  For more, see the Support Center Help, Product Planning, Templates page.

Murphy, Sheila

Apr 25, 2014, 11:24:00 AM4/25/14
to versiono...@googlegroups.com

Looks like this was sent on the 17th, but it just arrived in my email this morning.  If no one else has responded, here are the options (may be more):

1)      On the left hand side of the V1 window (right under the button where you select the project), there is a little arrow that expands and collapses an area that shows “My recent changes”.  Once expanded, you can see an “Add New…” button and if you pick the dropdown, there is an item called “Backlog item from Template”.  You can use that and pick the template.

2)      From Product Planning->Templates, you can find the template in the Backlog Item Templates list and click the “Generate Backlog Item” button on the right

3)      Using the API, there is a StoryTemplate object type that has a GenerateStory() member.

Sheila