Is there a report that shows me the capacity per scrum team?

DJ

Apr 17, 2014, 4:44:26 PM4/17/14
to versiono...@googlegroups.com
We have four teams in our overall project.

I need to generate a report which shows the following
(a) capacity of each scrum per sprint
(b) total estimate of each scrum per sprint
(c) total done of each scrum per sprint

Is there a trending report for this information?

Satish Thatte

Apr 28, 2014, 5:04:58 PM4/28/14
to versiono...@googlegroups.com

Here are answers to your two question sets (indicated in red color). Hope it helps.

Satish Thatte

Agile/Lean Coach and Product Consultant, VersionOne

Question 1:

Does the API have administration functions?  Such as updating user information, creating users, assigning/reading permissions, etc.

You can update Members, Create new Members, and assign the Default Role to Members via the API.  You can also Add a Member to a Project and Remove a Member from a Project, just note that the Default Role will be applied.   You cannot read or change other project-level defined permissions via the API.

Question set 2

We have four Scrum teams in our overall project.  I need to generate a report which shows the following

(a) Capacity of each scrum team per sprint

“Sprint Planning | Capacity Planning” has this information, but you need to capture that screen shot and treat that as a report.  From this screen, unfortunately you cannot export the information into an Excel or PDF file.

(b) Total estimate of each scrum team per sprint,   and
(c) Total done of each scrum team per sprint

Velocity report provides valuable information (number of story points done and accepted by product owner for each sprint for each team) related to (c) above.

“Velocity Trend – Planned vs. Actual” panel under Analytics Dashboard provides planned vs. actual velocity - answer related to (b) and (c) above, but it is not filterable by Scrum team.

"Estimation Accuracy" report provides information related to (b) and (c) above, organized by sprint for each member or member group, but not organized by Scrum team.

Estimate trend report provides information related to (b) and (c) above, organized for each Scrum team by days, weeks or months, but not by sprint.

(d) Is there a trending report for this information?

Note that Velocity report, Estimation Accuracy report and “Velocity Planned vs Actual” Analytics Dashboard panel provide trending information by sprint.  Estimate Trend report provides trending information by time (days, weeks, or months).

From the above answers, you can see that VersionOne standard reports and Analytics Dashboard panels provide you most of the reporting information you are seeking.  Velocity report provides you exactly what you are looking for in (c).     To get the reports that  match 100% exactly what you are looking for, you will have to use VersionOne Custom Reports for (a) and (b) above.  The only thing we cannot do with custom reporting is to show a single combined trending chart — we can build one chart that contains Detail Estimate and Done, and another chart that contains Capacity.  These can both be presented on the same custom report, but in two different charts.