New V1 tester need helps with tests.

Quentin Yeung

Oct 21, 2015, 9:39:12 PM10/21/15
to VersionOne-users
Hi all,

I am new to V1 as a tester, I have written my tests in a User Story for last Sprint.  The User Story was closed but I need to recover my tests and add them to another User Story and some of them for later.  Is there a way to do that?  For the moment, I copied the closed User Story so that there is a new one in the backlog and then edit the tests to another parent User Story.  But my Project Manager isn't happy about that because it increases the Story Points for the Project which is not true for them.

So my question is how to copy tests from a closed User Story to another User Story.

Thanks

John.Ai...@mitchell1.com

Oct 22, 2015, 9:04:37 PM10/22/15
to versiono...@googlegroups.com

Quentin,

You might want to look into Test Suites/Sets for management of Tests once a Story is completed.  These constructs are designed for reuse/regression testing.

Regards, John

Mitchell 1John Ainsworth
Mitchell 1
Sr. Software Manager

facebook

 Toll Free: (888) 724-6742 ext. 6025 | Phone: (858) 391-5000 ext. 6025

facebook

john.ai...@mitchell1.com | www.mitchell1.com

facebookgoogle+TwitterYou Tube

The information contained in this message is intended only for the personal and confidential use by the recipient(s) named above. This message is deemed to be privileged and confidential.  If the reader is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this message in error and that any review, dissemination or copying of such is strictly prohibited. Accordingly, please notify the sender and delete from your system immediately.

Hall, Teresa

Oct 23, 2015, 2:52:14 PM10/23/15
to versiono...@googlegroups.com

Quentin,

Here is how my current project is using Version One in a hierarchy of V1.

1.      Portfolio items/Epic--are used to bucket features/stores/requirements together (when all stories are complete the feature is complete-consider it may take several sprints to get it done)--see Portfolio/Epic Tree

2.      Stories--are used to keep track of new features/requirements and estimates of work level from a business point of view--see Story board

3.      Tasks--are under stories(select the drop down arrow to see sub menu)- are used track the tasks/activities to support the story creation and track work hours from a project management point of view.--see Task board

4.      Test --are under stories(select the drop down arrow to see sub menu)- are used to track testing events and keeps track of test results --pass, fail, abandon,--see Test board

You will want to use the Add Test feature directly to the User Story/business requirement so that Requirement Matrix can be done and regression Tests/Test suites can be created for overall regression testing of a feature(see Release Planning>Regression planning).  Also the V1 template feature can be used to make Smoke or Quick Test (bvt) test suites (see Project Planning>Templates) this provides consistency in testing by generating a backlog item from the regression test suite template and put it in any sprint/release.

It’s a lot to grasp but once organized it’s easier to maintain.  Also Version One has good videos on all these features

Hope that overview helps,

Teresa L Hall,

Data/System Analyst III

Continental DataGraphics  a Boeing Company

Direct:  (425) 691-2646

E-Mail:  th...@cdgnow.com

E-Mail:  teresa...@boeing.com

Virtual:  Thurs and Fri

Cell: (425) 753-9884

Quality must be planned in, not inspected in!—PMPBOK Chapter 8 Quality Management p 266

“To succeed, it is necessary to accept the world as it is and rise above it.” --Michael Korda