Features to provide client visibility?

Chris Rice

Mar 3, 2015, 8:26:54 AM3/3/15
to versiono...@googlegroups.com

Hi, we are getting started with VersionOne for the benefit of a particular client in a remote office.  I am pretty new at it, have entered my first project into it.  What features should we use to provide the client visibility into our progress?  I'm thinking of two possibilities:

1) should we give our client a login, and make them a member of our team, or something?
2) is there a particular report or screen we should use to structure our status meetings.  we could email them a report or share a screen with them.

I'm looking for the best practice/use of the tool to help us in this regard.  Thanks!

Jeremy Keeler

Mar 4, 2015, 12:56:43 PM3/4/15
to versiono...@googlegroups.com

I would probably start with reports until you have a good process in version one.   From my experience you will be changing the way you have things set up quite a few times before falling into a groove that you like.

Once you have been on it for a while give the client a login.  You can make them only associated with certain projects and under admin you can give them certain permissions to these projects so pretty well cover whatever it is you want to do.

The analytics dashboard can be set up for the client if really just interested in seeing some reports vs actual detail.    I would suggest understanding these yourself first and then doing a quick training session for the client.   Give him the ability to generate what he want vs bugging you for it all the time.