Using Access Tokens with API clients and Object Model

Pavel Boev

Apr 28, 2015, 6:47:44 AM4/28/15
to version...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

We're planning to use Access Token authentication, but most of our integrations are done with API Client and Object Model.
I don't see native support for access token in these libraries, but I see we can provide custom HTTP headers both in .NET and Java API Clients.

Is this the right way to go?
Adding custom HTTP header like this
v1apiconnector.customHttpHeaders.add("Authorization", "Bearer 1.vlog8vBO7ZZQZQD7ZSTtO++Ez8Y=");?

Thanks in advance,
Pavel

Acey Bunch

Apr 28, 2015, 6:57:17 AM4/28/15
to version...@googlegroups.com
New versions of the Java and .NET API Clients that provide support for using access tokens are currently in development, and are expected to be released within the next 2 to 4 weeks.

The Java and .NET Object Models were deprecated as of the Spring 2015 release and are no longer supported.

You may be able to use the old API Clients with the approach that you suggest, but that approach has not been tested. The newer API Clients will have a new "V1Connector" class that will provide an explicit method for using access tokens.

Acey Bunch
Technical Product Manager
VersionOne