VersionOne with Bugzilla integration - your experiences with it

Carsten Piske

Dec 9, 2013, 12:16:52 PM12/9/13
to version...@googlegroups.com
I am curious to hear from people who have the integration between Bugzilla and VersionOne working.

My company is evaluating this integration and I am curious to hear back from people who are actually using this in a production environment.

Particularly I am interested in the following:

1) Which version of Bugzilla are you using?
2) Which version of VersionOne are you linking to?
3) What is your experience with it, in regards to reliability, troubleshooting, etc.?
4) Have you done upgrades to Bugzilla, while having it linked to VersionOne? How did that go?
5) Have you experienced any pitfalls, issues that you can share with me?

Thanks much in advance,

Regards,

Carsten Piske

Wells, Bryan C

Dec 13, 2013, 12:19:32 PM12/13/13
to version...@googlegroups.com

We actually wrote a Java program using the VersionOne Java API that transferred all of our defects from Bugzilla into VersionOne and we stopped using Bugzilla at that time.   We much prefer using VersionOne exclusively rather than to try and use both.  Defects are backlog items just like user stories and belong in the product backlog to be prioritized just like the rest of the work.