Any load issues we should consider?

kstrobech

Apr 25, 2012, 2:44:54 PM4/25/12
to verite-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

My students and I am gearing for a big sporting event on May 5-7, that we will cover with one of the Danish national tv broadcasters. We have pitched the timeline idea/tool for the broadcaster, and they are thrilled to try it out on their website. If it hits off with audiences, we can expect heavy viewer traffic on the timeline at peak intervals. Any considerations in terms of load tolerance/setup? We plan to use the simple spreadsheet approach.

Thanks (and sorry if my question is not secific enough)
Kristian Strobech, Associate Professor, Danish School of media and Journalism

Zach Wise

Apr 25, 2012, 10:37:48 PM4/25/12
to verite-...@googlegroups.com
The CDN version is hosted on Google, but you could also host the files yourself.

kstrobech

Apr 26, 2012, 3:29:39 AM4/26/12
to #Timeline
OK, thanks. I assume that this particular Google-setup is geared for
heavy traffic load then.
Kristian

Zach Wise

Apr 26, 2012, 2:30:23 PM4/26/12
to verite-...@googlegroups.com
It's geared for convenience. If you think there will be over 100,000 views it would be best to host the js files on your own server.