Google maps type not working properly?

Robert Voogdgeert

May 3, 2012, 4:46:25 PM5/3/12
to verite-...@googlegroups.com
I'm using the latest update from github. When changing the map type to anything other than 'toner', the following happens:

  • the first map is displayed but with the wrong location
  • the subsequent maps on the timeline are not loaded
It doesn't make a difference whether I use the embed.js like this:

Or whether I use my original index.html file where the other js were loaded:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<head>

<title>Jij</title>

<!-- CSS -->

<link href="timeline.css" rel="stylesheet">

<!-- JavaScript -->

<script type="text/javascript" src="jquery-min.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="timeline-min.js"></script>

<script>
 $
(document).ready(function() {

var timeline = new VMM.Timeline();
 timeline
.init("data.json");

});
</script>
</head>

<script type="text/javascript">

var timeline_config = {
 maptype
: 'watercolor',

}
</script>

Does anyone know how to solve this?

Zach Wise

May 3, 2012, 6:23:56 PM5/3/12
to verite-...@googlegroups.com
Can you attch your data.json file so I can try and debug it?

Robert Voogdgeert

May 4, 2012, 5:47:24 AM5/4/12
to verite-...@googlegroups.com
Zach,

Here it is.

Robert.
data.json

Zach Wise

May 4, 2012, 9:00:15 AM5/4/12
to verite-...@googlegroups.com

Robert Voogdgeert

May 4, 2012, 2:31:12 PM5/4/12
to verite-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for testing but the timeline config is:

var timeline_config = {
 width
: "100%",
 height
: "100%",
 source
: 'debug_1.json',
 font
: 'Bevan-PotanoSans', //OPTIONAL
 css
: '../timeline.css', //OPTIONAL
 js
: '../timeline.js' //OPTIONAL
}

That is, without the map-type variable, try to set the latter to roadmap for example.

Zach Wise

May 4, 2012, 2:46:28 PM5/4/12
to verite-...@googlegroups.com
Just set it to "roadmap" and it still works:

Robert Voogdgeert

May 4, 2012, 3:06:30 PM5/4/12
to verite-...@googlegroups.com
It's working for me now as well. don't know what caused it... thanx anyway