Removing the lower timeline without delving into the code

JLW

Jun 28, 2012, 1:54:33 PM6/28/12
to verite-...@googlegroups.com
First off, awesome product - really loving this.

It strikes me that this could be an incredibly simple carousel as well. With this in mind, is there any way of removing the lower timeline (without having to go into the code - I'm using the Google docs version)?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers,

Jonty.

Zach Wise

Jun 28, 2012, 3:09:51 PM6/28/12
to verite-...@googlegroups.com
There will be a Slider only version coming out soon.

Dan Brown

Jul 2, 2012, 10:01:10 AM7/2/12
to verite-...@googlegroups.com
Without going into the code?

If you want to not touch the javascript, then do it through the CSS.

assets/timeline.css
Find: #timeline .navigation and add display:none;

Simple.

annaweb

Dec 17, 2012, 10:14:48 AM12/17/12
to verite-...@googlegroups.com
But how do I get to the CSS?

Chris Spurgeon

Dec 20, 2012, 5:17:19 PM12/20/12
to verite-...@googlegroups.com
If you're hosting the files yourself, you should have installed a file called "timeline.css". You'll want to make the changes in there.  Adding these lines at the end of that file should hide the navigation.

If you're just embedding the timeline, try adding these changes to a stylesheet for the page...

     .vco-timeline .vco-navigation { display:none !important; }
     .vco-storyjs .vco-feature .slider, .vco-storyjs .vco-feature .vco-slider {  box-shadow: none !important; }

In both cases it won't expand the main content area down to fill the space normally taken up by the nav, it will just hide it.