Changing font sizes?

numble

May 7, 2012, 5:44:03 AM5/7/12
to verite-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Where would I go in the CSS or JS to alter the font sizes for the timeline, or the heights of the "frames"? I am trying to embed the timeline into a page, and the large default font sizes, while good for a larger sized timeline, are not as suitable for a smaller timeline.

Here is the example of how I would like to put the timeline on a page:

Zach Wise

May 7, 2012, 10:21:12 AM5/7/12
to verite-...@googlegroups.com
Try giving it some more height first (550-600px is a good number)
After that you can load in your own css file based on the font presets found here:

You load them in using the embed config here:
just replace:
font:           'Bevan-PotanoSans',
with
font:           'pathtoyour/file.css',

numble

May 8, 2012, 1:18:50 AM5/8/12
to verite-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, I think I'm getting the hang of it.

Is there any way to provide better documentation for what elements correspond to which CSS styles? I cannot figure out why, for instance, the enddate display for a time duration is larger than the startdate, or what the different style is. I also can't figure out what different style is being applied when the time is an even hour (4:00, 5:00, 10:00, etc.) which seems to display some things in a different style.

Thanks again for all your help, I love your project!

Zach Wise

May 9, 2012, 9:22:11 AM5/9/12
to verite-...@googlegroups.com
The two different sizes issue has been fixed in the latest version.
To find out what the styles are, just use inspect element in chrome or safari or firefox.

numble

May 10, 2012, 12:39:48 AM5/10/12
to verite-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot for your help, I'm slowly getting the hang of things.

Another issue I've noticed is that midnight (00:00:00) seems to get ignored and doesn't get displayed.

Zach Wise

May 10, 2012, 9:41:04 AM5/10/12
to verite-...@googlegroups.com
if the time is 00:00:00 Timeline assumes the intent was to only show a date. Same applies for January, 1, 00:00:00 Timeline assumes you want to display a year

numble

May 14, 2012, 1:15:30 AM5/14/12
to verite-...@googlegroups.com
However, sometimes one might want to say an event occurred at midnight. Or a duration of time that started from midnight.