Re: No internet connection on client machine

Florian Klemt

Oct 27, 2012, 6:05:53 AM10/27/12
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
Ubuntu 12.10 (normal Unity Desktop).

Hmm, same Host System. Could be a coincidence. Lets see if others have the same issue.

Irmantas Šiupšinskas

Oct 27, 2012, 9:15:54 AM10/27/12
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I solved this problem. I uninstalled vagrant and virtualbox and downloaded *.deb files from official websites and installed first vagrant and then virtualbox. Now everything works.

On Friday, 26 October 2012 14:01:19 UTC+3, Florian Klemt wrote:
Hi everyone,

I'm new to Vagrant and I'm trying to run a vagrant box that is provisioned with puppet (I'm following the step by step guide from the website).
It's all working fine except that puppet can not install apache because my client machine has no connection to the internet.
How can I fix that??

Thanks

Florian Klemt

Oct 29, 2012, 5:32:24 AM10/29/12
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thanks for your workaround but I can't install the downloaded version of virtualbox. When I double click the .deb file, it starts installing but stops 10 seconds later without saying what happened. Its the 32bit version for Ubuntu 12.10.

Irmantas Šiupšinskas

Oct 29, 2012, 10:34:09 AM10/29/12
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
You should remove vagrant and virtualbox completely I done this with this command:

sudo apt-get remove vagrant virtualbox* && sudo apt-get autoremove && sudo apt-get autoclean

Florian Klemt

Oct 31, 2012, 10:54:36 AM10/31/12
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
Sweet, it works now!