Problem passsing raw arguments to Ansible provisioner

Ben Turner

Mar 20, 2014, 12:34:51 AM3/20/14
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
I've been trying to pass in command line options to the vagrant CLI, so that I can just provision a certain ansible tag, should I so desire.

I've got this working, but only by removing any spaces in my command line options. So:

ANSIBLE_ARGS='-t elasticsearch' vagrant provision <= this fails
ANSIBLE_ARGS='-telasticsearch' vagrant provision <= this works

My problem is that I can't figure out why I need to remove the blank space, esp. when the Vagrant docs seem to say it is allowed (https://diigo.com/01od86)

This gist shows my Vagrantfile and the output of the two commands: https://gist.github.com/phantomwhale/9657134

I have tried putting ansible.raw_arguments = '-t elasticsearch' directly into the Vagrantfile too, which fails in the same manner.

Cheers,
Ben

(Vagrant 1.5.1)

Alvaro Miranda Aguilera

Mar 20, 2014, 2:33:20 AM3/20/14
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
perhaps with double quote?  " "

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Gilles Cornu

Oct 11, 2016, 4:36:19 PM10/11/16
to Vagrant
Hi,

Sorry for responding/reviving this thread so late. This is indeed a known issue, that is still present in latest versions of Vagrant (1.8.x).
I created https://github.com/mitchellh/vagrant/issues/7890 to track its resolution.

Best,
Gilles