Exit due to Error: 37 - Image file is not an image

閲覧: 39 回
最初の未読メッセージにスキップ

Joachim Tuchel

未読、
2018/11/23 2:47:402018/11/23
To: va-sma...@googlegroups.com
Hi there ;-)

Before I start telling complicated stories of VA 9.1 64 bits being installed in parallel to 32 bits on the same Windows machine and strange behaviour after image saves, I start with an easy question:

What is error 37 exactly?

When we've cleared that one, I'll probably bore you guys with some longer stories about phenomena.

Spoiler alarm: A question you should be prepared fror is this one:

Why would this error show up after I used environments to copy a new image into the environment...
I guess one of the questions that wait in the background is how I can find out if an image is a 64 or a 32 bit image without starting a VM...

Joachim

Joachim Tuchel

未読、
2018/11/23 3:14:342018/11/23
To: VA Smalltalk
Maybe I already found part of the answer:

The environment I created using the Environments 64 was once created as a 64 bits environment, but now seems to think it is a 32 bits environment...

So I guess error 37 wants to tell my I am trying to start a 64 bit image with a 32 bit VM (or maybe vice versa, but seemingly not the case here).

This doesn't happen if I just create an environment and save the image after connecting it to the Library. But it does happen once I loaded my project code (which uses an external DLL, currently in its 32 bit variant) and save that one.

So it seems I am really asking a question about Environments: why does it turn a 64 bits environment into a 32 bit environment? And is there any chance to change this?

Joachim

Joachim Tuchel

未読、
2018/11/23 3:37:052018/11/23
To: VA Smalltalk
Is this probably related:

I wonder if it's really the case that loading PlatformFunctions which contain 32 bit data types  (uint32 pointers) really convert a 64 bit image to a 32 bit image and this would really turn the environment into a 32 bit one... ?????

If so, what would be the suggested path to preparing my code to 64 bits? Sure, I can use a 32 bit image and change the definitions of the PlatformFunctions there, but I can't test them. Sounds like a strange way to do that...

Hmm.

Joachim Tuchel

未読、
2018/11/23 3:50:032018/11/23
To: VA Smalltalk
Okay, stupid me!!!!!

The problem was that I had copied an ini from a 32 bits environment to a 64 bits environment. Now that I just copied my appplication' special stanzas to the ini provided by environment, all seems to run nicely....
全員に返信
投稿者に返信
転送
新着メール 0 件