VA 8.5 release

Gabriel Cotelli

Aug 5, 2011, 3:42:00 PM8/5/11
to va-sma...@googlegroups.com
Anybody knows the tentative release date for VA Smalltalk 8.5 ?

The instantiations page says "planned for August, 2011". I'm planning to switch the product codebase from VA 8.0.2 to VA 8.0.3, but if 8.5 will be available soon I will wait until the release.

Regards,
Gabriel

John O'Keefe

Aug 8, 2011, 1:34:41 PM8/8/11
to va-sma...@googlegroups.com
Gabriel -

We will be giving the V8.5 release date at ESUG in a couple weeks. I would
suggest waiting for V8.5 rather than starting an upgrade to V8.0.3 now.

John O'Keefe

Klaus Breker

Aug 29, 2011, 10:26:03 AM8/29/11
to va-sma...@googlegroups.com
Hello John,

where are the 60+ bugfixes an minor enhancements listed?

Regards

Klaus

Mike Taylor

Aug 29, 2011, 3:42:10 PM8/29/11
to VA Smalltalk
Check out the readme file at http://www.instantiations.com/docs/readmes/readme.htm
under "Corrections and Enhancements" for the specific changes between
VA Smalltalk 8.0 and version 8/5.
Mike

Marten Feldtmann

Aug 29, 2011, 4:16:55 PM8/29/11
to va-sma...@googlegroups.com
This lists has 39 entries and not 60+ entries

John O'Keefe

Aug 31, 2011, 1:47:03 PM8/31/11
to va-sma...@googlegroups.com
We have never listed every fix and enhancement made in a release, only those
fixes and inhancements that would be visible (and possibly affect) users.
So, in particular, several VM fixes are not listed. Also we have never
explicitly listed documentation fixes (although it could be argued that we
should list them). The number 60+ comes from counting the cases resolved in
V8.5 which involved changes to product code or documentation.

John