Seaside WASstServerAdaptor bug

Leo O.

Mar 9, 2012, 7:55:54 AM3/9/12
to va-sma...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I think there is a small but dangerous bug in the WASstServerAdaptor class. The adaptor should respond all requests in a safe threading environment, but the sstRequest instance variable in this part of the #process: method, prevents this.

process: aNativeRequest

| response |

sstRequest := aNativeRequest.
self stats incrementCurrentTransactions.
[ response := super process: aNativeRequest ]
ensure: [ self stats decrementCurrentTransactions ].
^ response

A clean solution could be transform this instance variable into a temporal one, rewriting some others methods in the class to recieve the sstRequest later.

Regards,
Leo

John O'Keefe

Mar 9, 2012, 3:22:21 PM3/9/12
to va-sma...@googlegroups.com
Leo -

You are correct and we are already working on a solution.

John

John O'Keefe

Apr 16, 2012, 10:15:22 AM4/16/12
to va-sma...@googlegroups.com