Issues installing EMSRV on Windows Server 2008

Dennis Debro

Mar 5, 2012, 3:45:16 PM3/5/12
to va-sma...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

I'm trying to install the VASmalltalk 8.5.0 manager on Windows Server 2008 R2 and I'm having issues. This is a VM too if that makes a difference.

I've followed the steps which are pretty much the same as the other versions of EMSRV but my service won't start. I saw another message about this on the old Instantiations board stating they were using EMSRV 7.1.a? The version of EMSRV that I received from our 8.5.0 product shows 7.0.0.0. Were we to receive an updated EMSRV? If so how do we get this?

Dennis Debro

Mar 5, 2012, 5:05:35 PM3/5/12
to va-sma...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

I found my problem. I forgot to set the "Logon as a service" rights. EMSRV is running now. Thanks.