Bug in AbtGenericPropertiesView>>defaults:clientData:callData:

Gabriel Cotelli

Sep 19, 2011, 10:47:44 AM9/19/11
to va-sma...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I found the following bug:

AbtGenericPropertiesView>>defaults: aWidget clientData: clientData callData: callData
"Process the Defaults button."

self propertiesTablePart cancelEdit
self updateOperation notNil
ifTrue:
[self updateOperation cancel.
self startNewUpdateOperation].

should be:

AbtGenericPropertiesView>>defaults: aWidget clientData: clientData callData: callData
"Process the Defaults button."

self propertiesTablePart cancelEdit.
self updateOperation notNil
ifTrue:
[self updateOperation cancel.
self startNewUpdateOperation].

(Just a missing dot after cancelEdit send). I detected this running a code analysis test so I have no idea how to reproduce the error.

Regards,
Gabriel

Thomas Koschate

Sep 19, 2011, 2:39:22 PM9/19/11
to va-sma...@googlegroups.com
Looking a little more closely, the view is never a receiver of this message, so reproducing it will be just about impossible.  The method needs to be removed from the class.  Of course, since the bug has been there since 1996, it's hardly a critical issue.

Tom