Are generators or `yield` coming any time soon?

James Long

Oct 2, 2012, 4:36:29 PM10/2/12
to v8-u...@googlegroups.com
I haven't seen any word on this for the last 3 years, and generators have been approved for ES.next: http://wiki.ecmascript.org/doku.php?id=harmony:generators

`yield` would be an extremely useful addition to javascript, especially for node users. I know that node-fibers exists, but something native goes a lot farther and is also available in the browser.

Is `yield` on the roadmap at all for v8? It would be awesome if so. I think it's about time.

- James

Andreas Rossberg

Oct 4, 2012, 6:54:37 AM10/4/12
to v8-u...@googlegroups.com
On 2 October 2012 22:36, James Long <long...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is `yield` on the roadmap at all for v8? It would be awesome if so. I think
> it's about time.

It's certainly on the radar, and will probably be one of the next
major features we turn our attention to. But there are no concrete
plans yet.

/Andreas