FW: Job: Mass Storage "Python" Developer - National Lab

steenzout

Apr 1, 2012, 7:05:53 PM4/1/12
to utahp...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

  I received this message on the 21st Mar but they might still be looking for someone so here it goes.

cheers.

My name is Darryl Coburn, Senior Manager/Recruiter at Cemco Systems. I have a great permanent position open for a Storage "Python"Developer in the Computing Division's Data Movement and Storage group at Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory just outside of Chicago.

The Computing Division operates “Enstore a 20+ petabyte disk and tape based Mass Storage system with high throughput access for thousands of Scientists engaged in cutting-edge modern High Energy Physics experiments.

The Data Movement and Storage department needs a Senior Developer/Analyst who will play a key role in the Python development of a newdisc storage layer of Enstore. They will also investigate, diagnose, and resolve storage service incidents - mainly software related.

Skills needed are....
  • 5+ years developing distributed systems on Linux or Unix platforms;
  •  In-depth Python development
  • Java programming experience;
  • Knowledge of C and C++
Fermi has a unique 6800 acre Campus environment with bike/jogging trails, Gym, Pool, Fine Arts Series, herd of Buffaloon site Daycare and fishing ponds. This World Class Physics Laboratory is a real "Technology CandyLand."

Fermi offers Competitive Salary and Great BenefitsTuition reimbursement at 100% for MS and PhD programs. They also contribute an additional 10% of your salary into a 403b Retirement Plan.

If you think of anyone that fits this profile, feel free to forward this message and "cc" me.

If interested, please forward your CV/Resume and give me a call ASAP. I can share more details over the phone. We are actively interviewingfor this position right now.

I can be reached Mon - Fri until 5pm at 630-573-5050. Feel free to call evenings or weekends on my cell.

Please respond……

Darryl Coburn
Sr. Manager
Cemco Systems