Re: The Living Planet Aquarium Projects!

Cam

May 2, 2013, 3:00:37 AM5/2/13
to uta...@googlegroups.com
Just to add to what Chris has said...

I'm volunteering on a different project at the Aquarium. Chris has shown me the mockups/plans for the new aquarium and they're awesome. Chris is a great guy to work with, and is giving enough creative freedom that you can make each project as cool/interactive as you want. There is good direction behind it, but enough flexibility for you to dream big.

If you need a good project to showcase your single-page JS app skills, need a break from making IE-compatible websites, or just want to impress your kids, it's a great opportunity. You'll like working with Chris too.

Cam

On Tuesday, April 30, 2013 11:27:12 PM UTC-6, Chris Barela wrote:
Hello my name is Chris Barela and I am the Art Director for The Living Planet Aquarium in Sandy, Utah. We are currently working on building our new 136,000 square foot brand new aquarium in Draper, which will open in December.
I have several programming projects that are very creative that I need programmers to volunteer their time to create. We have several 22" touch screens which will allow guests to explore more about the animals and I need programmers to make these interactives really special. I gladly welcome various programs for this project - if you've been itching to tackle a project with Canvas or Unity or some other program then this would be a great opportunity for you. This is also a great opportunity to be a creative part of this aquarium project.
Let me know if you would be interested in donating your time and creativity.
Thanks!
Chris Barela

Aaron S

May 3, 2013, 11:42:38 AM5/3/13
to uta...@googlegroups.com
Sounds like a great excuse for a UtahJS hackathon!

Chris Barela

May 3, 2013, 5:12:02 PM5/3/13
to uta...@googlegroups.com
I should have included this - here is the scope of what will be the new aquarium. http://thelivingplanet.com/pdf/SponsorshipBrochure.pdf

Aaron Shafovaloff

May 30, 2013, 1:11:49 AM5/30/13
to UtahJS
Chris, do you have some content we could work with if we wanted to play around with this?

--
Group meets on the 1st Thursday and 3rd Tuesday of each month. See http://utahjs.com/location/ for more info.
---