Call for Sponsors

Aaron A

Jun 15, 2012, 12:38:32 PM6/15/12
to uses...@googlegroups.com
Hey Guys,

Doing some clean up of the new site and adding in Sponsor information..
Basically thus far it may show up empty.

Do any of you guys have an idea on a possible sponsor?

The things we are looking for from a sponsor currently:
-------------------------
- Of course any $money$ helps to bring in bigger speakers.
- Books. (All about the edumacation)
- Pizza / Drinks (Engineers like to eat and drink what can I say)
- Projector and Static Location

Benefits for them of course would include us plastering their Name/logo on the site and promoting of their products and services at every meeting.

Email me directly if you don't want to respond here.

-Aaron Allred

Ian Robertson

Jun 15, 2012, 5:32:30 PM6/15/12
to uses...@googlegroups.com
Overstock might be interested in sponsoring. What kind of dollar amounts are you looking for?

  - Ian

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message is intended only for the use and review of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged and confidential. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message solely to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify sender immediately by telephone or return email. Thank you.

Aaron A

Jun 15, 2012, 6:42:36 PM6/15/12
to uses...@googlegroups.com
Hey Ian,

Been missing you Overstock guys. Really enjoyed your talk a few Ujug's ago on multi-currency and parallelism with Java.

To be honest, a good dollar amount would be enough to maybe cover a book every other month. We are currently having a fresh start on the group and moving locations to Salt Lake City as well as reworking Sponsors.

It would be amazing to have Overstock as a sponsor. Most of us know how well they've treated UJUG and though we are not nearly as big as them I think we could try and do something to help each other out.

Our 2 biggest needs at the moment are Books and possibly a projector (be that we just rent one out each month.)
Checking into a new location right now and it's possible they'll have a projector, but till I get a final answer on them lending us a room once a month, we won't have a projector anymore for future meetings.

-Aaron