December 1st Meetup!

Aaron A

Nov 22, 2011, 2:59:08 PM11/22/11
to uses...@googlegroups.com
Heya Guys,

Any ideas of what talks might be presented at the Dec meeting?
Or what topics might be the most interesting?

Was curious if I should do some more on Lift if anyone is interested.
Or on some more Scala subjects in particular.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

-Aaron Allred

Jeff Shutt

Nov 22, 2011, 5:16:42 PM11/22/11
to uses...@googlegroups.com
I am planning talking about O/R Broker.

Chris Hansen

Nov 22, 2011, 6:54:20 PM11/22/11
to uses...@googlegroups.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message is intended only for the use and review of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged and confidential. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message solely to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify sender immediately by telephone or return email. Thank you.

Erik

Nov 22, 2011, 11:28:10 PM11/22/11
to uses...@googlegroups.com
Yes, would like to learn about lift database features.

Erik

Nov 23, 2011, 12:44:43 AM11/23/11
to uses...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Chris!

Helena Edelson

Nov 25, 2011, 12:59:57 PM11/25/11
to uses...@googlegroups.com
I won't have time to pull anything together but given the db access topic, ScalaQuery should be mentioned.

Helena Edelson
Senior Software Engineer
Cloud Services Engineering
VMware
Dec 1, 2011, 9:11:55 AM12/1/11
to uses...@googlegroups.com
I was planning on attending and give a short ScalaQuery usage in a cloud-based application code walk through but I am on the upside of a cold.
I'll be at the January meeting, hopefully we can meet on the east side of the valley by then :-) I'm happy to ping a few of the libraries (Cottonwood heights, etc); not sure about wifi in them.

If anyone is interested in Akka, I'd like to do a full-meeting preso in February on the framework, including Akka messaging with remote nodes. Maybe I can slide in the ScalaQuery code for 10 min in Jan.

Helena Edelson
Senior Software Engineer
Cloud Services Engineering
VMware
Dec 1, 2011, 12:18:52 PM12/1/11
to uses...@googlegroups.com
Helena,

Hey no problem. Hope you get feeling better.

Doesn't look like the libraries have what we need--rooms are small (10 max) and auditorium requires non-profit status. We could explore piggy-backing off UJUG for that but we would also need our own projector...so I wouldn't completely rule a library out but lets keep looking.

Here's what we are looking for:
- 20 capacity (up to 30 or ever 50 for growth is preferred)
- WIFI guest access
- projector (unless someone donates one or can bring theirs each month)
- available monthly, 1st Wednesday (starting January), from 5-8pm
- can bring in food
- pref south SLC to Sandy area

Aaron A

Dec 1, 2011, 1:07:36 PM12/1/11
to uses...@googlegroups.com
I'd be VERY interested in hearing more on Akka. I've done a lot with just Generic Actors and LiftActors, but haven't quite yet played with Akka and have recently become very interested in it.

-Aaron